Changing a passenger in cabin after final pmt?

Ren1216

Wondering if any of you have ever changed 1 of the passengers in your cabin AFTER final payment was made.

My parents have a reservation on FOS (9 of us sailing 10/21). They are just 2 in a cabin, but my dad is having some unexpected medical issues that will now prevent him from sailing. They have insurance, but my question really isn't insurance related. We're wondering if a substitution can be made at this point.... hoping to put my son in my dads place.

Anyone have experience with this? I'm hoping RCI allows a substitution - and at this late date (17 days out). TIA

Wondering if any of you have ever changed 1 of the passengers in your cabin AFTER final payment was made.

My parents have a reservation on FOS (9 of us sailing 10/21). They are just 2 in a cabin, but my dad is having some unexpected medical issues that will now prevent him from sailing. They have insurance, but my question really isn't insurance related. We're wondering if a substitution can be made at this point.... hoping to put my son in my dads place.

Anyone have experience with this? I'm hoping RCI allows a substitution - and at this late date (17 days out). TIA

According to Royal's website, you can change up to 24 hours prior to sailing. I don't know if there will be a charge.

Thank you both! I do usually browse though the FAQs on the RCI website, but sometimes it's difficult to find exactly what I need to know. CC is great for being a community of knowledgeable cruisers! I have placed our reservations with a TA, so RCI won't really help me over the phone and sometimes it takes a a short time to get a reply from the TA (my mom isn't patient and you guys are faster!).

I appreciate your help.

Insurance does come into play - Dad may incur a penalty and if he does - he is covered. If your son is in another cabin and that cabin is impacted financially then his insurance may come into play. Cancellation portion of the insurance covers what you stand to lose in the event of a cancellation. You also need to ask if both parties have to file the claim; regardless of who files what..

My question is in the same frame. Me and the soon to be ex are booked (not until 4/2013) on RCL but she wont be going now, I will still sail. Would think RCL wouldnt have a problem since they got paid for double occupancy so they shouldnt care if I go solo. Will ask if they will give me a single rebate but it wont stop me from going. Does anyone think its going to be a problem?

My question is in the same frame. Me and the soon to be ex are booked (not until 4/2013) on RCL but she wont be going now, I will still sail. Would think RCL wouldnt have a problem since they got paid for double occupancy so they shouldnt care if I go solo. Will ask if they will give me a single rebate but it wont stop me from going. Does anyone think its going to be a problem?

They certainly won't mind if you go solo, but the cost will not be cut in half. Since you are not going until April, I would consider going with a friend or family member. You have until final payment to cancel or I believe up to 72 hours prior to sailing to change passenger name. I would check with RCL. Either way, happy sailing!

up to 72 hours before sailing as long as one passenger stays the same with no penalty. You can't change all passengers. If they charge you a name change fee your insurance should cover that but they usually not charge it. Enjoy your trip.

Yes you can! My husband had to pull out of one of our cruises - work related :( - 2 days before we were to sail. We were able to substitute our daughter. BTW he was the primary name on the booking.

Thanks - exactly what I needed to know, if the substitution can be made at this late date. I assume there was no charge for it since you didn't mention one. And in this case, we will have no need to file a claim because there will be no loss.

Me and the soon to be ex are booked (not until 4/2013) on RCL but she wont be going now, I will still sail. Would think RCL wouldnt have a problem since they got paid for double occupancy so they shouldnt care if I go solo. Will ask if they will give me a single rebate but it wont stop me from going. Does anyone think its going to be a problem?

I have never been in this situation, so I can only relate what I have read on these boards. I'm assuming by your wording that you have paid both fares in full already. A solo cruiser sometimes pays MORE than double occupancy.... so call RCI and first ask what they would charge you to go alone. You have the option to do what we are doing, substitute someone else in for the ex. Obviously, insurance won't come into play in your situation since you are so far out and her fare is totally refundable, plus this isn't a "covered" reason for cancellation.

up to 72 hours before sailing as long as one passenger stays the same with no penalty. You can't change all passengers. If they charge you a name change fee your insurance should cover that but they usually not charge it. Enjoy your trip.

Great - thanks for the info. :)

Thanks - exactly what I needed to know, if the substitution can be made at this late date. I assume there was no charge for it since you didn't mention one. And in this case, we will have no need to file a claim because there will be no loss.

Nope - no charge to substitute my daughter!

Archived