No more 1632/ 1634/1636 A1's on Reflection (Merged Threads)

jsargent34

So, just got word that 1634 and 1636 on Reflection no longer exist as A1's. Booked them 6 months ago solely for location... They claim they don't know what category the new creation will be. If you've booked those thinking you had great hump balcony's - check your bookings ASAP... ours became Guaranty's today :mad:

So, just got word that 1634 and 1636 on Reflection no longer exist as A1's. Booked them 6 months ago solely for location... They claim they don't know what category the new creation will be. If you've booked those thinking you had great hump balcony's - check your bookings ASAP... ours became Guaranty's today :mad:

So you're saying you booked a specific stateroom and they knocked you down to a guarantee? Did they give you the guarantee price? I'm a little confused.

Booked 1634 and 1636 six months ago as A1's on the hump... specifically because they were on the hump!

As of today, Revenue has taken the cabins back as they are no longer going to be A1's. Of course I was told they don't know what they are going to become, but it would seem that they are being turned into a suite.

My bookings were turned into GTY's as far as cabins go (later I assigned cabins), but Celebrity essentially has done nothing as I am still "getting" an A1 for the price I booked at six months ago (considerably less than today). Still working on an OBC or something, but the bottom line is that 1634 and 1636 are no longer going to be A1's....

For those that follow, yes I am completely aware that deck plans show them as such - after spending an hour on the phone with cs, a supervisor and the revenue people, I can assure you that there is a new deck plan coming sadly :mad:

Yes everyone, those cabin numbers are shown on deck plans presently as A1's....

As of today, they no longer are evidently. Revenue is recategorizing those cabins... speculation is another suite.

All Aqua Class cabins on Reflection are on decks 11 and 12. Stateroom numbers starting 6100 are on deck 6, five or six decks below Aqua Class. If they are indeed turning your cabins into a suite, unlikely it will be Aqua Class so far from the rest of the Aquas. I will be sailing in an Aqua Class cabin on the inaugural voyage, one week from today.

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. I tried to book 1634 for our Reflection cruise about 8 months ago, but after noticing the deck plan was different on other sites than Celebritys I spoke to my Celebrity planner about the difference. She told me that online Celebrity was correct showing this as an A1 room, but the other sites that showed it as a suite matching the one on the portside were incorrect. Several weeks later the ooother sites were changed and she even called me back because when I actuallly booked someone had grabbed 1634, so I had booked an A1 on portside. She called to tell me 1634 had opened back up if I wanted it, but I decided not to risk any mixup because it seemed odd to me that a small group of A1's was nestled between 2 suites. She assured me this was a great group of staterooms, but I declined. I'm so happy I stuck with my 1601 because I'd be livid this close to be bounced out of my chosen room. Good luck, hope they do something nice for you, and you have a wonderful cruise. Personally, I think they should upgrade you to a aqua suite for your headache!

After reading the OP, I checked the Celebrity website today and noticed our Aqua Class A1 1626 on an upcoming cruise on the Reflection now also shows as a GTY. We also specifically wanted this location and have already ordered luggage tags! Will have to contact Celebrity to see what the options are, if this is true about these rooms being converted into a suite.

I can't tell you how angry I am right now. Do you know Celebrity is not confirming this rumor? I called them twice today. They left me a voice mail telling me that the room numbers will change for some and others will receive new room assignments. When are they going to tell us... the day we arrive at the port? I completed the check-in process on 9/23. This stateroom was booked by mutual agreement on the phone after Celebrity cancelled my previous 12/16 Silhouette cruise so they could make more money chartering it out to someone else. On Silhouette, I had a CC room booked on the hump; however there were no CC rooms available on the hump of the reflection, so I paid more money to book an Aqua Class A1 on the hump. Now, Celebrity decides to turn my room into a suite that they will sell to someone else for more money and not even tell me about? They don't seem to realize they gave me a guarantee in writing for this stateroom along with several on-board credits for the Silhouette cancellation and a lost hotel expense. Celebrity Cruises can't just put me where they feel like it. They can't downgrade me or tell me I'm A1 guanteed somewhere else on the ship. I heard all of these statements today from different Celebrity representatives. This is why I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and getting a lawyer involved. I have $4,500 invested in this cruise, including airfare, hotels, and excursions. I even paid them in advance. It's really bad business to treat your customers like garbage, and I'm going to do something about it this time. They can either reimburse ALL of my expenses for this planned trip or they can upgrade me to another room that is both fair and agreed upon by me. If you were also affected, I encourage to file a BBB complaint as well. Hopefully, holding Celebrity Cruises accountable will get their attention.

We were booked on the Reflection in an A1 cabin mid-ship - next to the Royal Suite. We've just been informed that this cabin has been recategorized as a CC cabin so we've been moved toward the front hump next to the A2 cabins. (Did someone in the RS need an extra cabin?) We want to be mid-hump and so booked early for this cabin.

Anyone else book this cabin or have something similar happen? Any suggestions for how we pursue this? Should we just move to an A2 because we no longer have the location we want?

Do you have a TA? If so, they need to fight for you.

You should receive nothing less than you booked! You paid for a cabin you wanted and they booked you. I learned a long time ago that you should always get something if you give something. A deal must be a win-win. In this case it is only a win for Celebrity. In this case I would expect an upgrade to a cabin in a location near what you booked. Be firm, but firendly. I've read threads with the same type of problem and they were ultimately resolved. Good luck.

How did you find this out? We are booked for the A2 cabin right next to a suite on Penthouse deck. As of today, our reservation still shows the same cabin that we booked. What month is your cruise? How early did you book your cabin? I'm new to Celebrity, and am getting very nervous. Do other lines do this to people as well?

We are very frequent travelers with Celebrity and others (elite and equal on others). This is the first time we have been moved from the cabin we've chosen (and hence the question posted). We received an email from our TA and will continue to pursue it with them and with Celebrity. Again, after very many cruises, this is a first we've had this happen - for a cruise booked in June for Feb 2013. Given the track record, I won't be concerned if I were you.

The Concierge cabins are a lower category than AQ. Tell them you'll keep it as a C and they should give you the difference in price as an OBC, plus a bit extra for causing a problem. The amount should be enought for you to dine in a Specialty Restaurant every night. and you'll dine in Blu Or, you will keep the cabin and dine in Blu. Or, they will upgrade you to the next level, an S1. I really believe that there is more to the story. I've never known X to change one cabin to another category. Go to your roll call and see if someone in the same cabin on the other side of the ship has received the same information. They just might have a heavy hitter who has the Suite next door and demands your cabin. That is not an unknown event. Also possible that your TA made a big mistake. I'm sure all will be revealed in time.

Is your cabin 1634 or 1636 on Reflection? If so, there is another thread on this problem. Seems that it was reclassified. Hook up with the others involved. Power in numbers!

I can't tell you how angry I am right now. Do you know Celebrity is not confirming this rumor? I called them twice today. They left me a voice mail telling me that the room numbers will change for some and others will receive new room assignments. When are they going to tell us... the day we arrive at the port? I completed the check-in process on 9/23. This stateroom was booked by mutual agreement on the phone after Celebrity cancelled my previous 12/16 Silhouette cruise so they could make more money chartering it out to someone else. On Silhouette, I had a CC room booked on the hump; however there were no CC rooms available on the hump of the reflection, so I paid more money to book an Aqua Class A1 on the hump. Now, Celebrity decides to turn my room into a suite that they will sell to someone else for more money and not even tell me about? They don't seem to realize they gave me a guarantee in writing for this stateroom along with several on-board credits for the Silhouette cancellation and a lost hotel expense. Celebrity Cruises can't just put me where they feel like it. They can't downgrade me or tell me I'm A1 guanteed somewhere else on the ship. I heard all of these statements today from different Celebrity representatives. This is why I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and getting a lawyer involved. I have $4,500 invested in this cruise, including airfare, hotels, and excursions. I even paid them in advance. It's really bad business to treat your customers like garbage, and I'm going to do something about it this time. They can either reimburse ALL of my expenses for this planned trip or they can upgrade me to another room that is both fair and agreed upon by me. If you were also affected, I encourage to file a BBB complaint as well. Hopefully, holding Celebrity Cruises accountable will get their attention.

You might want to take a wait and see approach before calling the lawyers and BBB. Take a deep breath and find out exactly what is happening before doing something you might regret later.

I talked to a Captain's Club rep today and she told me that 1634 has been recently changed to a C1 category. It has NOT been changed into a suite as you claim. She indicated that they had received several calls today on this situation and have double checked the category classification. She also said that the cabin was not configured with some of the AquaClass fittings in the shower, which has been a selling point of AQ, so the have to change it until they can correct this oversight. Although not AQ, it still is virtually the same stateroom minus some of the amenities. I would expect Celebrity to adjust the price downward to reflect the lower category status. Perhaps that might be as onboard credit, or more likely, a refund to your credit card.

I also would expect them to try to move you to an AQ cabin since that is what you booked. Perhaps that is what they meant by "others will receive new room assignments".

And please, I am just passing along what I was told by a Captain's Club rep this afternoon, so when you start shooting, try not to aim at the messenger. :D

There is another thread on this situation. "They Changed my cabin..." Those affected should communicate with each other. Power in numbers. Think X should allow those who booked to remain there and allow them to dine in Blu if they wish. EWould be a simple way out for Celebrity for making an honest mistake. Goodwill often goes a long way.

Is your cabin 1634 or 1636 on Reflection? If so, there is another thread on this problem. Seems that it was reclassified. Hook up with the others involved. Power in numbers!

As I mentioned in the other thread, a Captain's Club rep told me there was a problem with some of the cabins not having all the Aqua Class amenities installed and they had to re-classified to C1 because of the omission. People who booked AquaClass are being accommodated in other AquaClass cabins that are configured correctly so they maintain the amenities they thought they would be getting. If the location on the hump is more important to you than AquaClass, then by all means speak to the appropriate person - you TA or Celebrity - to make you preference known.

As I mentioned in the other thread, a Captain's Club rep told me there was a problem with some of the cabins not having all the Aqua Class amenities installed and they had to re-classified to C1 because of the omission. People who booked AquaClass are being accommodated in other AquaClass cabins that are configured correctly so they maintain the amenities they thought they would be getting. If the location on the hump is more important to you than AquaClass, then by all means speak to the appropriate person - you TA or Celebrity - to make you preference known.

I read this thread first and wasn't aware of the other thread. Just said over there that my solution would be to allow those who booked those cabins as A1 be given the option to stay there and allowed to dine in Blu. A shower might not be a big deal. That solution might be satisfactory since X would have the problem go away and the guests would get the location and AQ amenities. Once it's reclassified no more AQ benefits will be given with those cabins.

We were booked on the Reflection in an A1 cabin mid-ship - next to the Royal Suite. We've just been informed that this cabin has been recategorized as a CC cabin so we've been moved toward the front hump next to the A2 cabins. (Did someone in the RS need an extra cabin?) We want to be mid-hump and so booked early for this cabin.

Anyone else book this cabin or have something similar happen? Any suggestions for how we pursue this? Should we just move to an A2 because we no longer have the location we want?

Same thing happened to us. We were also on the hump and just got the call. They also moved us to the same area that you mention. I also booked early to get this cabin. I'm bummed.

Archived