Hump or aft.

Which would be a better cabin a hump or aft?It will be our first balcony so we have no idea.Right now we have 7710 booked on the Freedom C&A cruise.Just wanted an expert opinion from those who have had balconies before.

Thanks Joanna

We had an aft once and although the balcony was much larger, we didn't like the location or the limted view. We have had several hump cabins and swear by them. They are in absolutely the most convenient location on the ship to get anywhere. The view is great too.

We had an aft on our last cruise on Splendour. Here are some disadvantages: It takes a long time to get to your cabin from wherever you are. (and Freedom would be even farther). We did not look directly out over the water. I missed not looking right into the water.

Just my observations.

Michelle

Jo....good morning to you...looked up where your cabin is.... on the Voyager class deck 7 cabins are not as desirable as higher up..... lots of space before the end of the ship.... the cabin is set a ways back at least on the Voyager class not sure how Freedom will be but I suspect it will be also.... others can jump in here to help explain it.

In this case I think I might opt for the hump cabin...Rick and I had aft on Mariner but deck 10 1692.

Check out or do a search for aft cabin photos ....

Way to go on your Freedom booking :)

Emmy

Hi Joanna - On May 8 we returned from our cruise on the Mariner. While on board we booked the Freedom C&A cruise. I'm in the process of withdrawl and was surfing CC to get a little fix and ran across your post. What a coincidence. We had room 8342 booked and just changed Thursday to an aft cabin 8712. We had an aft cabin on the Radiance and are hooked on the balcony room. Yes, it's a longer walk, but that just means I can eat more! Haven't checked for a MM for this cruise as it's sooooo long away. Do you know if one has been started? If not, we need to start one and we'll be the charter members. How many of you will be cruising? Carrie

Hi Carrie, there is a thread started already.There will be four of us sailing as well as our friends from Baltimore that we met on the Serenade this April.Look forward to hearing more from you and thanks for the cabin :)!

Archived