Carnival Honeymoon Registry???

Anyone used Carnival's honeymoon registry? I think it seems like a pretty good idea. I know they have a fee (7% and 3%, so reallky 10%) but my fiance and i live together already and have a condo so we dont really need a lot of typical house items, we would rather have them give us money towards the trip, or for excursions so we can make memories. Just wondering if anyone has used it and is it worth it?

Thanks!:D

Do you think it's worth is to give Carnival 10% of your money? As a guest, I never give a monetary gift through a site that charges the bride and groom a fee; it's a waste of my money.

Keep looking. If you must do one of these "money" registries, there are sites that don't charge you.

My fiance and I also live together and used this to register. We also registered and BB&B for upgrades in a few things that we wanted to splurge on that we wouldn't dream of buying for ourselves. My wedding is in February like Pjsgal, so we haven't received anything yet, but I wanted to give my guests multiple options for gifts. I know a lot of people will just give money, but then I know quite a few people who hate to give only money for wedding presents. In my mind, the Carnival registry is a way for them to give you a "gift" but you still get just the money in the end. You have no worries about having to return any unwanted merchandise (or claiming it through customs!).

We used the registry and found it to be very user friendly and just plain fun. That being said, upon the advice of several sage women who are a bit older than me, we also registered at a store for actual tangible gifts. It seemed like our trendy younger friends really liked the Carnival Registry, but by and far our gifts were purchased from the store registry or were cash or gift cards. What I really liked about the Carnival Registry is that we got a chance to tell our story and let our loved ones know how much we loved and appreciated them too.

I think sign up for the registry if you are interested, but don't expect that everyone will want to send gifts that way. And of course, never expect a gift and you won't be disappointed regardless of what happens.

Happy planning!

Thank you all for the advice, I think we will be using this website. I talked to some family and they think it's a great idea. I know not everyone will use it and I know some poeple think the fee makes it a bad thing but really aren't there fees on everything now? It shouldn't be that much of a surprise really. I just like giving people another option other than just giving us money. Now I'm even more excited about honeymoon planning :) Just have to wait o make the page now, not getting married until August, so probably too early to do it now haha

My TA has a registry that is tied to Carnival's. It has the same gifts listed and we chose to have the service fee (7+3=10%) added to the gift purchaser charge. That way when they want to give us $100, they get charged $110 and the $10 bucks is for the credit card company and the site. We still get the full amount. They send the money to our bank account and bada bing bada boom, we have funds for our honeymoon.

Hope that helps!

:)

My TA has a registry that is tied to Carnival's. It has the same gifts listed and we chose to have the service fee (7+3=10%) added to the gift purchaser charge. That way when they want to give us $100, they get charged $110 and the $10 bucks is for the credit card company and the site. We still get the full amount. They send the money to our bank account and bada bing bada boom, we have funds for our honeymoon.

Hope that helps!

:)

But, that is no different then if your gift giver gives you $100, and you get charged the 10% service fee and net $90.00. You still are losing $10 and not getting the full amount your guest gave you.

Hey guys... no one is loosing anything. It cost a company money to maintain a website and to cover customer service. I can trust that my guests transactions are secure, use the free wedding website and grandma can call with questions. The fee is comparable to any online purchase where you have shipping/handling and taxes added. This site has a service fee.

Why would a company offer a service with out making money? The weddings industry is big business. We plan on using the gift funds as suggested. Can't say the same for a gravy boat or toaster.

Archived