Does shop change to local time??

Sailing on the liberty in November.

We will be stopping in Belize and Cozumel. I know they are different time zones. Does the ship stay the same and you just have to adjust what time you have to be back on the ship. Or do you adjust to local time??

Whether a ship changes time seems to be a Captains decision, which can change. Unless you have a specific reason to know local time (e.g. A non ship sponsored excursion) just stay on ship's time. If the ship does change time, it will be announced in the Compass.

Whenever leaving the ship in port, ALWAYS take a wristwatch (or, in my case, a caribiner watch clipped to my purse) with the ship's time on it and know when you must be back on board.

There is usually some kind of sign or board as you exit the ship which will have the most up to date "back onboard" information on it - check it just in case it has changed.

When I had a private excursion diving in Cozumel in Jan. 2010 (Liberty of the Seas, no less), I discovered that ship's time did NOT change to match local time on our cruise. Which created some problems.

I think the ship was on Eastern Standard Time all cruise long.

Richard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have been on cruises where the ship changed time to match the local island time and we have also been on cruises where the ship did not change time. It will be announced. They put notices in your cabin to set your clock forward/backward depending on the time change. It is written in the Compass. They make announcements. There are signs as you depart ship.

On our last cruise, the ship changed time when we got to Bermuda, and switched back after we left. On another cruise we went to Cozumel and since we were only in that time zone for a few hours, the ship did not change time...but they made it VERY clear that the local time was different.

Just like anywhere else...be aware of your surroundings and you will be fine. If you are in doubt, ask the security personnel when you go off ship.

I think the important thing here is when people say ships change times sometimes....are we talking ROYAL ships in the CARIBBEAN...because I know that Carnival will change ship time during sailings....but like I have said in my post above...in the CARIBBEAN and on ROYAL I have never seen them change from ship time....which was the time of point of embarkation. The OP asked specifically about Liberty and the Caribbean....and I have sailed her many times and have never seen them change that ship from local Miami/Ft Lauderdale time.

There are clocks at every exit....set your watch (not your cell phone!) to whatever time the ship's clocks say it is....and you'll be fine.

If you have a ship's excursion, time is no factor. If you have a private excursion, you still must go by ship's time...the guide understands how this works.

Thanks all, I will be watching the compass and when leaving. Was just curious ahead of time as we are deciding if we want to do a three hr morning tour or just stay on the ship. Since it is a private tour it will actually run till 1:30

Since the time will be different

There are clocks at every exit....set your watch (not your cell phone!) to whatever time the ship's clocks say it is....and you'll be fine.

If you have a ship's excursion, time is no factor. If you have a private excursion, you still must go by ship's time...the guide understands how this works.

Boy....do you ever give out correct info or just type without thinking:rolleyes:

If you are booking a "private" tour or excursions....discuss this with them when booking....many tours will give you the meet-up time in "local" time, leaving it up to you to do the conversion....some however that are very familiar with Royal may actually tell you in "ship" or local Florida time (since that is where Liberty sails from)....so be carefull to discuss this with them.

Archived