Share the Wealth problem?

cactusrose

Has anyhone had problems recently using share the wealth cards? My TA is telling me that Princess now requires the card in their hands three days after booking. If they don't receive it they will cancel the reservation for the person being referred. :eek: This is a very well know, very reliable TA telling me this.

Thank to both of you for your reply. I'm hoping that I don't have a bad experience. I love Princess but they seem to be changing quit a few things to the detriment of their loyal customers. I wonder what they are thinking? Maybe business is so good they don't care. Why offer it if they don't intend to honor it? I'll let you know how it goes.

Please don't apologize for not know something. That's what these boards are for.

If you book a future cruise while on board, the share the wealth program allows you to get the same benefits for friends or family. Booking on board usually gives you a reduced rate, reduced deposit ($100 per passenger) and some on board credit on the future cruise.

Here's the official answer from the Princess website

Question: What is the “Share the Wealth” program?

Answer: Many of our past passenger offers allow our Members to offer their rate to friends who would like to travel with them. We reserve the right to limit the number of traveling companions to 2 cabins. Please note that the promotional fare must be available at the time of booking.

Question: What is the maximum number of cabins I can book with the “Share the Wealth” program?

Answer: Two cabins in addition to your cabin.

Hi, Yes, We've had the same problem. I mailed the coupon to Princess so that our friends could join us on our cruise and luckily, thought to mail a copy of the coupon to our TA, who may be the same as yours. She even faxed a copy of the coupon to Princess. Anyway, Princess cancelled our friend's reservation TWICE. Our TA has been all over Princess about this and it seems to finally be straightened out.

But, I keep checking the personalizer just in case it gets cancelled again. I had visons of hundreds of coupons sitting on somebody's desk at Princess. Three days just isn't enough time to process a coupon like that. Just ridiculous! I think that Princess is going to have to rethink this problem.

Archived