Toys for 2 Year Old?

PhotoGal07

Should I bring some toys from home for our two year old? We'll haves coloring book/crayons, some books, and her blanket for on the plane (and of course the ever-popular IPad), but I'm thinking that she'll be pretty entertained once on the ship, and in port. Am I crazy, should I bring a couple extra toys (a puzzle, baby doll etc?). We'll also bring an inflatable pool so she can splash on the balcony.

Most cruiselines have a "toy share" program....check with your specific cruiseline. If your child has a "comfort" toy or item...bring it.

Many folks will bring some new toys, just to keep it interesting...but you know your child best.

However your child is entertained at home, you will do the same on the ship. Kids don't care where they are....really...it's your schedule and what you do with them that's important. For a toddler, being on a ship is no different to them, than being with you at home.

I didn't want to take a lot of toys on our last cruise so I bought a couple new things and kept them hidden until cruise time (my girls are 1.5 and almost 3). They loved the Disney figures I bought from the Disney store - a set of Princesses and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse set. I had them in separate ziplock bags and took them in my bag to dinner and other places and pulled a bag out anytime I noticed restlessness setting in. I also brought two new coloring books. Plus my iPhone was stocked with Handy Manny and Looney Tunes episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have taken our DD on 2 cruise now (yes she is spoiled 2 cruises and she is under 2), one with Celeberity and one with royal. on both of them they had a whole box of toys you could check out and bring to the room, if the child gets board of it you can swap for diffrent toys. it worked great for us on our last cruise the Milli wine cruise we brought our DD to the Elite lounge every night for 2 hours and brought her toy box and she just played. You should only bring the min for the flight and time b4 and after the cruise also bring any fav stuffed toys, Our room stwart was great our DD's minni was setup with the towle animals a bunch. If you have any questings on what to bring / not to bring feel free to message me.

We usually get a few new toys that are inexpensive and surprise our son on our trip sicne the toy is new to him he enjoys it more than stuff he's used to. I didn't know about being able to check out toys from the ship, that's awesome! On our last cruise DS was 18 mos and we brought a toy cell phone (new), we brought a PSP portable game console and PSP movies (we'd owned and used prior to trip) for him to watch (our next cruise we may bring it we aren't sure but we may bring an android tablet instead....we may bring both but the PSP was awesome to have!), we also brought some new toy cars and action figures. I read someone on here suggested packing balloons to play with in cabin and I think I'm going to try that on our upcoming cruise.

I'm lucky my son doesn't have a specific blankie or stuffy he is attached to, instead we have to bring his Disney Pixar Cars, which are small. He takes those everywhere and we already have 2 sets because they tend to go missing for days at a time before we re-find them again.

When our kids were littler I aways had a ziploc bag with a bubble wand/bubbles in it in my bag. It made the waits in lines outside really easy (whether in a stroller or not). Very easy to refill too-just add some soap(dish soap if you can get it) & water.

Our last cruise, DD was 6 so we did not bring any toys per say but did have her favorite stuffed friend and blanket and books for the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived