Going Jade, 1 st NCL cruise in 10 years?s

pris993

We often special order in the diningroom on other cruise lines. Just got of Princess, did not order from the menu one night on the 10 day cruise. Taked to the Head Waiter every night and ordered something we wanted for the following evening. Wondering if this is possible on NCL?

Years ago, we did the same on NCL, not sure how this will work with freestyle.

Also wonder what type of beer is available on NCL. We are fans of Grolash a beer from Holland, wonder if NCL typically has European beers?

What is available for breakfast in the cabin? Does NCL respond to special requests written in, we are in a mini suite cabin by the way.

Appreciate comments on these questions. Thanks

I'm not at all sure this would work with the Freestyle system, as you will no longer have the same wait staff each night. I suppose it could be possible, but may be complicated to accomplish.

I'm curious what types of entrees are you special ordering? Are you concerned about meeting the requirements of a special diet?

Have you perused the various menus posted here on cc, for both the main dining rooms as well as the specialty dining venues? The possibilities of available entree choices are rather varied, so perhaps you might find selections you enjoy without the need for complicated special orders. ;)

I'm not at all sure this would work with the Freestyle system, as you will no longer have the same wait staff each night. I suppose it could be possible, but may be complicated to accomplish.

I'm curious what types of entrees are you special ordering? Are you concerned about meeting the requirements of a special diet?

Have you perused the various menus posted here on cc, for both the main dining rooms as well as the specialty dining venues? The possibilities of available entree choices are rather varied, so perhaps you might find selections you enjoy without the need for complicated special orders. ;)

WE eat food very plain, no salt, no butter, no sauces, no pork, no shell fish, ... we typically order plain pan fryed or broil fish with steam vegetables and only whole grain bread. This simple fare is not on most menues. We have done this on Princess, HAL, Cunard, and Celebrity recently. Not sure how we will manage on NCL so that is why I decided to ask here on the boards. Two years ago, before we went on Cunard, asked similar question here - was advised unless one was in a suite cabin special ordering off menu was not possible. When we got on board, we actually found there were lots of folks special ordering in the MDR on the Queen Victoria, along with us. So it maybe we will just have to give it a try on NCL... most folks don't try to do so, because they do not follow a strict diet like we do.

Now that you have clarified the types of things you would like to have, I suspect that you should have no problem at all. Your requests are quite simple, and could be easily accomplished, even in the busiest of kitchens.

If you'd like to, you could contact the NCL Access Desk and discuss your plans with them, but honestly I don't think you'll even need to do that.

Happy cruising. :)

Archived