Airfare Rates are Dropping

Wennfred

Checking www.bookingbuddy.com today, I found American Airlines down to 346.00 round trip for March 2006 from San Diego to Miami.

Total would be 366.40 with that service charge per person, These are good rates if youre searching for next year check out American Airlines asap.

284.00 if you want to travel to West Palm Beach, not sure how far thats from Miami.

All other carriers are still around 475.00 and 511.00.

ASAP is right. There is no rationale to airline pricing and that fare could be $475 tomorrow. It's a matter of if and when there are sale seats available. I was recently able to get a good price to Merida, Mx from Charlotte, NC for $547 plus booking fee but the very next day it was $100 more. It may have had something to do with the fact I'm traveling alone and a single sale seat became available. There are not that many seats at the rock bottom price. Today, other sites and airlines themselves are quoting in the $700 to 782 range. And then there is the question of how airlines can cope with today's fuel prices.

yup we booked to, I've been watching prices for a month, and they just kept rising, so we bit the bullet and booked. THe price isn't much higher then last yr at about the same time, so I figure it's good. I know if they come down I'll kick my butt, but I'd rather book now then pay more IF they go up, which I think they will. We're got 231. RT from ABE ( PA) to MCO ( Orlando). ABE is a VERY small airport, prices are alway's higher here, we only get great deals if we drive 1 1/2 hrs to philly, and I DON"T like going to philly airport.

awe... com'on... Philly's not dat bad... ;) A~:)

lol, for me it is, I HATE traffic and big cities, we have flown out of there a few times but not for awhile. THe last time we flew out of there which was March of 2002, we actually booked a limo to/from our house to the airport, and let the driver deal with the traffic, lol Dh wasnt to pleased when he found out how much I spent on it, considering we could drive/park for a whole LOT less. Oh well it was nice sitting back and relaxing.

Dear PlanningtoCruise; Have you looked into TransMeridan Airlines from Allentown to Orlando. Attached is the link and it looks like, depending on when you fly, the rates vary from $99.00 to $219.00 round trip. I know this airline is very popular flying out of Harrisburg. Just trying to help a fellow Penna. traveler. Kerry:)

http://www.tmair.com/

There is no rationale for air prices. I purchased New York(Newark...which is always higher than the other 2 airport) to San Francisco for 156 round trip, that was everything included....they had the same price for LA and San Diego. Strange and non stop on Continential which is always the highest because of their monopoly of Newark airport

Dear PlanningtoCruise; Have you looked into TransMeridan Airlines from Allentown to Orlando. Attached is the link and it looks like, depending on when you fly, the rates vary from $99.00 to $219.00 round trip. I know this airline is very popular flying out of Harrisburg. Just trying to help a fellow Penna. traveler. Kerry:)

http://www.tmair.com/

Hi Kerry, yes we did, as they recently started flying out of ABE, however for the flight back, it only goes out at 11:15am, we were to afraid to book such an early flight, but thanks though. We only pd 231 including fee's/taxes, so it wasn't to bad.

Wennfred, thanks for the link to bookingbuddy. I had never heard of that site and it saved me $100 on a flight for my MIL to come up the end of the month. I LOVE THESE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

End of July? Yikes! That's getting close and planes are going to be flying full. Time to find a fare you can live with and book. It's peak travel time. Remember, there are just a few seats at those rock-bottom sale prices.

I plan on booking by Tuesday. I just booked the cruise and am still deciding on whether I want to stay a couple of days after. I have some flights picked out, but was just wondering if I missed anything.

arcook, I would be checking various booking engines as well as the low cost carriers that usually aren't included in those engines. i.e., JetBlue, AirTran and Southwest from alternate airports.

hdawson - Jet Blue leaves from JFK 2 hours or so, and the others are from Philly 1 1/2 hours. ABE is 15 - 20 minutes and a small easy airport to get around. I've used both Philly and Newark many times but prefer the less conjested ABE.

Thanks

PlanningtoCruise-

Would you mind sharing which airline and flights. I am looking for flights from ABE for an end of July cruise from Port Canaveral. Thanks

we are flying USAir, when we booked our flights it was the best deal out there for the times we wanted. We're flying out THursday evening, staying 2 nights pre-cruise in Cocoa Beach, and then flying out Late saturday afternoon after the cruise

- Jet Blue leaves from JFK 2 hours or so, and the others are from Philly 1 1/2 hours. ABE is 15 - 20 minutes and a small easy airport to get around. I've used both Philly and Newark many times but prefer the less conjested ABE. Thanks
I agree, I usually alway's pay a bit more for my flights, but I"d much rather leave from ABE.

There is no rationale for air prices. I purchased New York(Newark...which is always higher than the other 2 airport) to San Francisco for 156 round trip, that was everything included....they had the same price for LA and San Diego. Strange and non stop on Continential which is always the highest because of their monopoly of Newark airport

Hi Jezzdog :)

Do you ever use the Westchester County Airport? It is so much nicer to use than the larger airports in the area.

• 3 weeks later...

ABE is a great little regional airport. You seem to be in and out in no time. You can walk to your car, even in the long term parking area. Maybe we will get better fares in the future. For now, I will most often pay the difference and not go to PHL. I used PHL in the beginning of the month for a trip to San Diego. Our family of 4 was going and flying out of ABE was $378 per person and PHL on American was only $178 each. It was worth the drive and aggrivation to go to Philly.

My low fare that I posted, shot straight up to 450. again, anyways I keep forgetting I got those 2 for 1 airfare coupons but cant use them until Im within 6 months from flying.

Freakin Airfare is like Stocks or the price of Gas !!!

My low fare that I posted, shot straight up to 450. again, anyways I keep forgetting I got those 2 for 1 airfare coupons but cant use them until Im within 6 months from flying.

Freakin Airfare is like Stocks or the price of Gas !!!

Yes, airfare is DEFINITELY as volatile as gasoline. And from the looks of things, the prices will only go higher, at least for right now.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2005-06-22-fares-usat_x.htm

Wennfred,

Didn't you check out those flights I posted for your dates on the American Airlines thread? Your dates, great times, from San Diego, NOT LAX. Low 300's is about the best you are going to get, unless you just happen to catch a sale fare.

Gina

Archived