scuba diving

coevan

Eden Rock is popular and close to the tender landing - a nice spot. If it has a down side I'd say it IS the location. Being SO close to the tender landing it can be crowded because everyone stops there.

I prefer to go to Susnet House - it is 1 mile down the road, same direction as Eden Rock, and for that matter, the same basic stretch of coral reef. Advantage here is NO ONE else heads down the road so you may well be the only person there 'cept hotel guests not on the morning boat trip. I've been diving at Sunset House since the early 80's, and they'd been in operation for a LONG time b4 that. It is a VERY easy shore dive which means you don't really need to worry about time to meet a boat etc. Down side is you will not do a wall dive (unless you swim a bit farther out from shore and I'd NOT recommend it), but can do an easy dive with a max depth of 55 or 60 easily. After diving, there is My Bar for libation and snacks; if you rent gear and buy lunch they'll say OK to using the pool (usually). Full dive shop and rentals on site / Sunset Divers . .

http://www.sunsethouse.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived