someone told the brand ambassador the entree portions were too large?

H82seaUgo

Don"t worry sooner or later they will do away with the MDR and just have a room full of tables. Along the promanade they can put some fast food joints with the supersize meals.

This way they will cover a few problems that are encountered

1. fast food = fast service

2. fast food = no waiting for the dreaded table mates that chew to slow

3. Hot fryer grease = hot food

4. Less servers = money saved by the lines

5. less servers people can drop their tips

Hehe....special orders don't upset us but they might the hungry pax behind you

If the waiters are over worked, it's management's fault.. Please don't take this out of the the waiters, but direct your displeasure to the cruise director ;-)

I'm not sure the CD is the right person to take it out on, either. Maybe the maitre'd or the executive chef? Or the Hotel Services Manager?

In our case, we didn't decrease anyone's automatic gratuity, but we did tip our assistant table waiter extra (cash, in person) because he really seemed to care and get things for us. The regular waiter...not so much. (And the drink lady, who seemed to be handling most of that end of the MDR, was overworked and confrontational.)

Along the promanade they can put some fast food joints with the supersize meals.

And this differs from Guy's Burger Joint.....how? :)

(Guy's has much better burgers than the average...but it was also very fast. A real high point of the culinary part of our cruise.)

There's more in the DR than one table:eek: For those ordering multiple multiples, the waiter can't just pull the meal out of the air. He too needs to get the order, order it, go get it, deliver it, then check and see if it's okay with a patron. Not exactly like serving one dish and move onto the next table. Nothing confusing about that slowing service for another table.

Finally, a voice of reason. Ordering multiple entrees or multiple anything (one portion at a time depending on hunger that day) will slow down the service. Imagine if every table had two or three or more diners doing that.

Leave the portions as is. I'm sure studies have been made by the cruise companies. The mean amount one would eat, male or female, adult or child, and the wastage that would ensue if portions were too large. The adverse would be the wear and tear on the servers if the portions were too small.

Emi

My worst was on Liberty too, table really wasn't far from their meal pick up point, but we kept being being put on the back burner. the servers, drink servers were always there at the next table chatting or running back and forth getting things for them. He kept getting caught by things other tables requested too while we just sat there...waiting.

I'll agree the number of servers has been cut back, but the point I keep making, and no one listens has to do with server interruptions causing some tables to get excellent service while another table waits.

I am sure that there were just as many server interruptions before the staff cuts and if I am understanding everything correctly there were fewer complaints of bad service then. Cut the staff and the server interruptions that were there are still there but of course the service suffers because there are less staff to deal with everything.

Archived