BDSM Leather and Cruising

GHDPeter

I've done a search but can't find this discussed anywhere. Has anyone has experience with taking BDSM equipment on cruises, in particular Leather Restraints, Ropes, Bondage Equipment, Hoods, blindfolds, etc? Is it restricted or allowed? I don't want to use it during a cruise but just want to bring some merchandise home. My plan was to pack it in a separate bag in case it gets confiscated.

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk 2

I've taken "toys" on several Atlantis cruises on both Royal Caribbean and, just recently, Holland America and it's just like checking the stuff through an airport. Many friends have brought even stuff as big as slings on those cruises without any trouble (except for I imagine a hefty tip to the cabin steward LOL).

BTW we all used our stuff during the cruise--thank you Atlantis for an all-gay ship!!!

Todd

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what happened to me.

It was Great had a wonderful trip. However 2 of my bags were held back, one for containing 2 bottles of wine which was no biggie and the other was a security issue with the report saying it contained an iron. We had 4 suitcases 2 with clothing etc, and 2 identically packed with rope, restraints electro gear etc. in one of these the electro butt plug and wires were showing up as an Iron! When they asked me what they were for I told them therapeutic muscle relaxation and performance art. :)

Here is what happened to me.

It was Great had a wonderful trip. However 2 of my bags were held back, one for containing 2 bottles of wine which was no biggie and the other was a security issue with the report saying it contained an iron. We had 4 suitcases 2 with clothing etc, and 2 identically packed with rope, restraints electro gear etc. in one of these the electro butt plug and wires were showing up as an Iron! When they asked me what they were for I told them therapeutic muscle relaxation and performance art. :)

...:D lol, and my partner and I were hesitating on bringing lube onboard, since they might look into it...looking for ways to hide booze.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

There is a website rumrunners(dot)com that sells clear plastic pouches, with screw on caps. We personally have used these pouches on 5 cruises, and know countless others who also use them. I put them in a ziplock "just in case" then pack them between our clothes, I haven't heard of anyone who has had any problem using them.

Sometimes security will confiscate handcuffs when boarding and return them at the end of the cruise. There was a a big bin full of them when we were boarding our last Atlantis cruise lol.

Must have been a policemens' ball.

If anything could be interpreted to be used in a way that might create a 'security' issue, then it also could be a problem. I know of a guest who had handcuffs as part of a costume on a Halloween cruise... and they were confiscated. So just think about that aspect....

Also... take out the batteries if they are involved. I know of one person who had their bag searched because of a "mechanical" noise emitting from within. There was no point in being embarrassed... so everyone just laughed discretely and quickly closed the bag. :D

Archived