Looking for someone with experience sailing on Christmas

lori450

We will be on the Oasis for Christmas. Any suggestions on where to dine on Christmas ( we don't celebrate Christmas, but I love Christmas stuff. I just don't want a turkey dinner)?

We will be in port in Falmouth on Christmas day. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The ship will have a special menu but not just turkey....there will be several options in the main dining room...you could always choose a specialty restaurant..

as for Jamaica...I would think most things will be closed, except what ever is right near the pier...

(not sure if that's what you were looking for....)

Holiday Menu from Serenade from a couple years ago, but you can get an idea.....

DSC_0255-Copy.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0253-Copy.jpg

DSC_0252-Copy.jpg

For kicks and giggles, I looked at booking a Christmas cruise, just to see the pricing...

:eek::eek::eek:

I expected it to be high, but wowser.

I get it.. supply and demand. There is only one Dec 25, and one Jan 31 :)

For kicks and giggles, I looked at booking a Christmas cruise, just to see the pricing...

:eek::eek::eek:

I expected it to be high, but wowser.

I get it.. supply and demand. There is only one Dec 25, and one Jan 31 :)

Actually, we did well with pricing. I went for a lower price rather than the cabin I wanted. We usually have a water view cabin, but it's our first time on an Oasis class ship, so I went with a Boardwalk balcony. Then an end cabin opened up and we grabbed that.

I sailed on a Christmas cruise in 2003 on Explorer, but was wondering how it is on the Oasis. do the specialty restaurants do anything for Christmas? Just wanted to find a fun experience for that night.

The ship will have a special menu but not just turkey....there will be several options in the main dining room...you could always choose a specialty restaurant..

as for Jamaica...I would think most things will be closed, except what ever is right near the pier...

(not sure if that's what you were looking for....)

Holiday Menu from Serenade from a couple years ago, but you can get an idea.....

DSC_0255-Copy.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0253-Copy.jpg

DSC_0252-Copy.jpg

Thanks! Looks like Hanukkah coincided with Christmas that year. It will be long over by the time we sail this year. I've never seen Noodle Kugel on a cruise ship! The menu looks yummy. Thanks again for posting it!

I have been on a Royal Caribbean ship two years in a row for Christmas. Once on Majesty then on Allure. I'd be going again, but I will be too pregnant to go on a cruise ship by then.

They serve the red menu regardless of Hanukkah being during the cruise or not. There are plenty of options, it isn't just the turkey. Have a ton of fun, it will be a great time. They had caroling on the Promenade last year with snow falling and lots of goodies! Enjoy the decorations, events, and fun it even if you don't celebrate :)

Archived