Reflection interconnecting rooms - back to the doors in the cabin walls

uktog

Hi

Got a friend who is on the Reflection European "inaugural" today. She has updated me on a few changes she has noticed

1. The door arrangements have gone back to how they were on M class ships i.e. that interconnecting rooms have the door in the wall in the room, not the two adjacent doors with the inner and outer doors from the corridor. This could give some people concerns about the noise travel issue

2. The Sky Bar is small now so much has been taken out for the Reflection suites so reduced bar space there, but there is a new bar outside where the nightclub used to be

3. There is no glass on the cupboard doors in the bathroom. Tap is smaller too

What?! That sounds crazy. Why would they change that when it was such a big hit? That would have required them to reconfigure all of the previous Solstice Class plans and have the manufacturer of the prefabricated rooms adjust for the new design. I sure would be interested in seeing pics! (I'm referring to the connecting stateroom doors).

I can see replacing the glass in the bathroom cupboards and I knew about the Sky Lounge but the interconnecting cabins is a shocker.

Hi

Got a friend who is on the Reflection European "inaugural" today. She has updated me on a few changes she has noticed

1. The door arrangements have gone back to how they were on M class ships i.e. that interconnecting rooms have the door in the wall in the room, not the two adjacent doors with the inner and outer doors from the corridor. This could give some people concerns about the noise travel issue

Your news is an absolute shock - for our upcoming cruise on the 21st we have booked one of those interconnecting cabins because we felt sure we wouldn't have a noise problem due to the door system we had experienced on "Solstice" and wanted the location. I'm awaiting our first days/nights now with trepidation - we have always avoided connecting cabins on the M-class ships.

Well, that comes from booking a new ship...:eek::eek: So let's hope for a quiet couple next door...

We had a connecting cabin on Solstice, and the only thing that annoyed me was the the door opened into the stateroom vice out into the alcove. Other than that, it was just like a normal stateroom.

I'll be sure to avoid connecting cabins on Reflection.

Oh gosh. We have 1415 on Reflection, and if I am reading the little icons appropriately, it is a connecting one? I so wanted this aft cabin. . .never thought about the connecting issue.

I am a lousy sleeper, please say it isn't so. . .that if I'm unlucky, I'll have loud people (not necessarily party type, just perhaps hard of hearing, and therefore yelling at each other) sort of "living with us"?

Ugh. Make me feel better. Somebody.

Maybe we have been lucky but we have never been bothered by any connecting cabin we have been in. We have had friends in the next room and we have to phone over to see if they are in = have never heard a peep. Now the people who leave their balcony door open and then let their hall door slam because of the "pressure draft" = that's another story:mad:

I am pretty sure you will be fine:D

Oh gosh. We have 1415 on Reflection, and if I am reading the little icons appropriately, it is a connecting one? I so wanted this aft cabin. . .never thought about the connecting issue.

I am a lousy sleeper, please say it isn't so. . .that if I'm unlucky, I'll have loud people (not necessarily party type, just perhaps hard of hearing, and therefore yelling at each other) sort of "living with us"?

Ugh. Make me feel better. Somebody.

See if you can get one on Deck 11. 1660 connects with the Suite, but the other 4 C1's do not have connecting cabins. See if you can get 1673, 1666, 1664, or 1662.

Bless you, Wino-o. I knew you'd weigh in (at least I hoped you would).

Unfortunately, those are all gone for my sailing. All non-connecting aft C1 cabins are gone (at least according to my double secret site that shows all available ;)).

I think I'll have to just suck it up, and hope that I have boring and young people "living" with us in the connecting one.

If not. . .well, you all will "hear" all about it, no doubt. ;) :eek:

Same thing for us - no more cabins available in our category. Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles! ;) We'll have to wait and see and report later to you - so "watch this space for more".

Fortunately for us we are in the cabin with the extra bed options, so perhaps we'll be lucky with just a couple : who don't snore, yell loudly, turn up their TV to the limit, have lost their hearing aids, have six visiting unruly grandchildren, bang their door at 3 o'clock in the morning... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope you'll have noticed that I wasn't serious - even if I wouldn't choose this cabin any more I'm sure we'll have 2 wonderful weeks on "Reflection"!

Maybe you could request an extra blanket & put it between the doors if there is noise. Sort of as a damper. I like the way the doors work on the other Solstice ships and wonder why they changed them. Maybe if the X rep is reading an explanation will be forthcoming.

Beth

Maybe we have been lucky but we have never been bothered by any connecting cabin we have been in. We have had friends in the next room and we have to phone over to see if they are in = have never heard a peep. Now the people who leave their balcony door open and then let their hall door slam because of the "pressure draft" = that's another story:mad:

I am pretty sure you will be fine:D

I see you are a fellow Canadian. Looking forward to meeting you on November 1st. :)

Is it possible that there are some cabins on the S class ships that are the traditional connecting cabins? Maybe there's a reason that the alcove concept wouldn't work where these cabins are located.

I wouldn't think so since all the standard rooms are prefabricated and designed the same (with the exception of some suites). I am really glad that they didn't change them.

Another post from someone just off the Reflection says the connecting rooms are just like other S class ships......

Is it possible that there are some cabins on the S class ships that are the traditional connecting cabins? Maybe there's a reason that the alcove concept wouldn't work where these cabins are located.

I wouldn't think so since all the standard rooms are prefabricated and designed the same (with the exception of some suites). I am really glad that they didn't change them.

I wound't think that the door would be like the M-class ships either. The S-class cabins don't have straight walls due to the alternating bed near bath/balcony arrangement. This doesn't leave a consistent location on the wall for the door to be located since some cabins have the mirror where others would have the sofa.

Glad to hear they are the same as the other S-class ships.

Glad to hear they are the same as the other S-class ships.

Having just got off Reflection I can concur with the OP and advise that the interconnecting doors are within the cabin itself now. I had one myself. We did not see any outer alcove doors. The alcoves still exist though.

The interconnecting door was immediately opposite the bathroom door. I suspect that if you had the bedroom door open then it may clash with the bathroom door and the interconnecting door:eek: A design flaw?

Other observations: the ship is stunning, as always. But the new Reflection suite shower makes her look lopsided. It sticks out like Finding Nemo's little flipper....we did not get to see inside of this new suite though much to our disappointment. We did see the other new suites. The Signature suite was nice, but had absolutely no dresser space -for a latpop. Bathroom with view through to bedroom -with glass that goes opaque at the touch of a switch.

Other changes - the new aft Sunset Bar now has comfortable seating, in a rich purple colour -making it look rather Moroccan or Indian. The bar is now in the middle of the area.

There is a slope leading into Ocean View now. Sky lounge is a lovely blue and taupe colour but half the size as has been mentioned. The washrooms are now also included within the Sky lounge (but not shown on the deck plans!)

The lovely hammocks by the entrance to the Solarium are no more.

Persian Gardens is extended with 16 beds and new rooms - a grotto with infrared heat; a cold room, a hamman and an aromatherapy room. A day pass is $35.

The gym has also expanded with a private training gym $45ph and a Flywheel room - where you cycle in the dark $25ph

Opus dining room is a soft taupe colour too - it feels much 'warmer'.

As it was a preview sailing there were several travel partners on board. The ship was jumpin'. The music was loud throughout.....

Having just got off Reflection I can concur with the OP and advise that the interconnecting doors are within the cabin itself now. I had one myself. We did not see any outer alcove doors. The alcoves still exist though.

The interconnecting door was immediately opposite the bathroom door. I suspect that if you had the bedroom door open then it may clash with the bathroom door and the interconnecting door:eek: A design flaw?.

OK, different reports are certainly confusing the issue. One quick question: What room did you have?

The interconnecting door was immediately opposite the bathroom door. I suspect that if you had the bedroom door open then it may clash with the bathroom door and the interconnecting door:eek: A design flaw?

We had a connecting stateroom on Solstice, and it was annoying to have the stateroom door open into the cabin as it did conflict with the bathroom door when it was opened. I won't book another one like that again.

I must be missing something because I don't see any connecting door in the cabin. Where is it?

You have to look close in the beginning. It's just a one second shot in the beginning on the left near the main cabin door.

Archived