Deck Chairs?

kmks1

I was on a cruise back in November and saw the coolest thing. It was little notes that you could leave in your poolside chair when you went to lunch so the chair Hawks wouldnt steal your chair. Thing is...I lost the order information...has anyone seen anything like this, please let me know, we are cruising in June....I know this is a longshot but what the heck...thanks in advance...

I was on a cruise back in November and saw the coolest thing. It was little notes that you could leave in your poolside chair when you went to lunch so the chair Hawks wouldnt steal your chair. Thing is...I lost the order information...has anyone seen anything like this, please let me know, we are cruising in June....I know this is a longshot but what the heck...thanks in advance...

someone else go first, i'm speachless!

tee hee

'chair hawks'

:)

Ei Yi Yi! I can't do it. I just can't do it!

All I can say is this: kmks1, please, do a little searching on this board, and read the comments regarding what are commonly referred to as "chair hogs". If you still want to use those little notes, well ...

someone else go first, i'm speachless!

tee hee

'chair hawks'

:)

The match of the year - Hawks vs. Hogs - watch as the hogs put all their defensive skills to work and hold the chairs while the hawk's creative offense, sharp eyes, and speed try to overcome a powerful team :D

This match is sponsered by the WCPA (World Cruising Passenger Association) and the three knockdown rule will be waived.

We RV. I think I'm just gonna bring my folding chair from now on.

Heck maybe I'll bring my trailer as checked luggage and have it parked next to the pool. Anyone up for a campfire and smores?

-Monte

I have heard of something you can leave in your deck chair to save it - and not just for lunch, but for the whole day if you like. I don't think you need to order it, in fact, I think you would probably already be planning to take it with you. I am not sure what you may call it, but around here, we can it "your butt".

I don't think the bucket idea would be as controversial around here than the deck chair saving issue is. Hopefully you will have someone with you or some nice folks in the area of your chair than can hold it for you.

Hope you have a great cruise! I too am cruising in June and can't wait.

LOL funny vacation man...however, it makes going to the bathroom a little difficult, I guess I could bring a bucket with me or something....:)

Better you should ask someone to hold your chair :eek:

Not a bad idea to have a standard form to hold a chair for a limited time. I would not give them to the passengers but the pool staff could have a pad. When we need to take a short break we could request one and the crew could fill in the time.

The form would indicate what the maximum time limit is for that ship. When the "hawks" get to the pool no guessing which towel has been there for 3 hours. Check the time, remove the sign, and relax. No concern that you are taking a chair that someone just left for a few minutes.

Sure could put to rest some ugly poolside situations . :cool:

Better you should ask someone to hold your chair :eek:

Not a bad idea to have a standard form to hold a chair for a limited time. I would not give them to the passengers but the pool staff could have a pad. When we need to take a short break we could request one and the crew could fill in the time.

The form would indicate what the maximum time limit is for that ship. When the "hawks" get to the pool no guessing which towel has been there for 3 hours. Check the time, remove the sign, and relax. No concern that you are taking a chair that someone just left for a few minutes.

Sure could put to rest some ugly poolside situations . :cool:

That is a briliant idea! I wish they could/would do that.

'Course then we'd be lookin' at ChairNote Crew Bribers, and Chair Note Switchers ... :eek:

That is a briliant idea! I wish they could/would do that.

'Course then we'd be lookin' at ChairNote Crew Bribers, and Chair Note Switchers ... :eek:

If the sign is hard coded to say 30 minutes from the time noted on the form the only way to get around it would be to put a time later then when you left.

Any chair with a time stamp in the future should be fair game. You could bribe the crew to update the form every 30 minutes and at least someone would benefit from the empty chair :)

The down side 100s of old forms blowing around the pool deck :eek:

:D]I have heard of something you can leave in your deck chair to save it - and not just for lunch, but for the whole day if you like. I don't think you need to order it, in fact, I think you would probably already be planning to take it with you. I am not sure what you may call it, but around here, we can it "your butt". :D

hahahahaha! this is very funny! I will be on my first cruise in a month...this is very funny!

lol everyone is so meanly funny on here... well this thread anyway

if you are looking to save your chair.. just pack an old old beach bag you dont' caer if it is stolen, some flip flops and like.. a shower towel from the cabin

leave it on your chair- has to have enough weight in it, so it doesn't blow away, accompanied with your pool towel draped over the chair, and off to lunch you go. makes you look like you are within eye distance.

problem solved :)

:) I'm glad I don't have the problem of someone "hawking" my chair. In our house, growing up, if your backside left a seat, it was no longer "yours". Can't tell you how many times my sisters stole my spot, EVEN WHEN I JUST HAD TO GET UP TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!!! But I suppose it has done me a service, overall. I found another place to sit and survived.

Anyway, on a pool deck with my fellow passengers hoping to enjoy a spot for awhile, and actually USE that spot, I wouldn't consider trying to save a seat while I ate lunch. I think that moving items that have been left on a chair for longer than 30 minutes is very reasonable.

Pool chairs are not my priority, so I defer to those with greater stock in the debate ;) . However, as we say up here in Seattle country, Go Hawks.:D

Archived