What Is It About a Given Thread on This Forum?

sail7seas

Ramble on…. the more detail the better for me.

This post, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801149, from RevNeal had almost 170,000 views…. I recommend EVERY review replicate this - as our members appeared to have LOVED IT!!!!

Laffnvegas (Lisa's) reviews are always very popular and she 'chats' with us. It's relaxing, pleasant, fun reading and we feel like we were in Pinnacle with her and her DH/group.

Some of us never do the formal, sectioned, efficient reviews but I greatly appreciate those who do. They share great info and are big help to those planning that cruise or that ship. They are organized and do a lot of work for our benefit.

Others of us ramble around telling a story and I wonder if there is a preference.

I agree that review of Greg's was hugely popular. I remember when he did it.

This post, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801149, from RevNeal had almost 170,000 views…. I recommend EVERY review replicate this - as our members appeared to have LOVED IT!!!!

Well, there will be a few more views because of this link!! I am reading the thread since I will be on the Eurodam in February and I wasn't part of CC when this was first written. Great thread.

I, too, like things in paragraphs so It can be read more easily. I generally read any reviews I can find on a ship I am going on or thinking about going on.

Laffnvegas (Lisa's) reviews are always very popular and she 'chats' with us. It's relaxing, pleasant, fun reading and we feel like we were in Pinnacle with her and her DH/group.

Some of us never do the formal, sectioned, efficient reviews but I greatly appreciate those who do. They share great info and are big help to those planning that cruise or that ship. They are organized and do a lot of work for our benefit.

Others of us ramble around telling a story and I wonder if there is a preference.

I agree that review of Greg's was hugely popular. I remember when he did it.

Judy - in all honesty - I like both - however, I have found at times that the rambling/chatting reviews can reveal things about the ship that you have been wondering about.

for example - saying food was good/bad is not a lot of help. (some things are so subjective) sometimes when people 'ramble' or chat they give specific examples so you can relate.

I don't think there is a right way or a wrong way to do it - I'm just grateful to the people who take the time to do them:D

Omigosh, I remember this one so well but I can't believe how long ago it was:eek: 2008!! My lord, it just seems like last year. Am I getting old or what:o

Archived