Medical Emergency On The Glory

travler27

Just got an email from Carnival about a medical emergency pushing boarding on Sunday back to 2:00pm. Other than the email, does anybody know anything about a medical emergency or is Carnival just trying to get folks to delay boarding again?

Just got an email from Carnival about a medical emergency pushing boarding on Saturday back to 2:00pm. Other than the email, does anybody know anything about a medical emergency or is Carnival just trying to get folks to delay boarding again?

I doubt it's delay tactic.

That does not make sense.

Glory is in New England right now.

Sunday's cruise is out of Norfolk.

She unloads in NYC and sails empty to Norfolk.

How the heck do they know she will be delayed getting to Norfolk by that many hours. 3 days beforehand.

Sounds more like they are staggering boarding times.

That does not make sense.

Glory is in New England right now.

Sunday's cruise is out of Norfolk.

She unloads in NYC and sails empty to Norfolk.

How the heck do they know she will be delayed getting to Norfolk by that many hours. 3 days beforehand.

I don't want to be a rumor starter but....

Could it be another Noro outbreak and they need

sanitize the ship? Would that scenario make sense?

Well, we are headed down to Norfolk tomorrow and have to be out of the hotel by 11 am Sunday, so we are sticking with the original plan. Looks like it will be nice weather to sit and read a good book for a couple of hours. Hope to see some updates, though!

When I cruise I rarely check CC.

Unless something really bizarre happens.

I am usually to busy having fun!!!

That scenario would make sense but I sure hope it ISN'T NORO!!!

What I really wish is someone on the Glory right now would see the subject post and fill us in............

I just checked marinetraffic.com and Glory is listed as "not in range." That's not normal for the night before docking in NYC - normally she'd show on AIS as being south of Long Island at this hour. That leads me to believe that she is delayed returning to NYC.

And Noro wouldn't affect the return to NYC. We were on the August Noro cruise and returned right on time.

Hi Bobmal99........I agree, I don't even get on the internet while cruising, but I have read posts where current passengers do updates..........just keeping my fingers crossed that we hear from someone on the ship who can give us some info...............:)

My son has friends on the sailing out of Norfolk, and this is what they received:

October 12, 2012

Hi there!

Betcha can't wait for your cruise on Sunday aboard the beautiful Carnival Glory. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you some important information.

Due to medical emergency one of our guest's experienced on the current voyage, our arrival into New York on Saturday will be delayed. Consequently, this may affect our arrival into Norfolk on Sunday.

In order to provide you a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 2:00 PM. The good news is that our departure remains as scheduled at 5:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Please do not reply to this email as it is not monitored.

Ok, so I went to the marine traffic site and bumbled around a little bit and searched for Carnival Glory, and it took me to a map, which, if I am reading it correctly, shows that the Glory left Halifax and got out into the ocean and had to turn around and go back to Halifax. Seems like that would make it late. It is hard to decipher what actual time this was......anyone else?

My son has friends on the sailing out of Norfolk, and this is what they received:

October 12, 2012

Hi there!

Betcha can't wait for your cruise on Sunday aboard the beautiful Carnival Glory. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you some important information.

Due to medical emergency one of our guest's experienced on the current voyage, our arrival into New York on Saturday will be delayed. Consequently, this may affect our arrival into Norfolk on Sunday.

In order to provide you a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 2:00 PM. The good news is that our departure remains as scheduled at 5:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Please do not reply to this email as it is not monitored.

Yes, this is what I got too.

The way marinetraffic.com works is that you can enter the name of a port or a ship (up at the top there are links labeled "vessels" and "ports") and the map will display what ships are in the port or where the ship is currently. Ships underway are indicated by an elongated icon of a ship with a point in the direction the ship is sailing. Ships anchored or moored are indicated by a diamond. Passenger ships are blue icons. If you've entered the name of a ship, it will bring up a box with details about the ship, including its voyage history.

Ships will appear on the map only when the ship is within range of an AIS signal and the ship has its transponder turned on. Right now Glory must not have her transponder turned on because even though she is docked at Pier 90 in NYC (I can see her on the webcam), she does not show on marinetraffic.com. Military vessels usually do not appear either. And if a ship is out of range of the signal, she won't show.

Once you get used to working with the site it's very useful.

The Glory had a medical emergency on Thursday night, into Friday morning, off the coast of Shelbourne, Nova Scotia. I was not on the ship, but was involved in the process. It was more than a 3hr steam back to Halifax, not including the time it would have taken to do the patient transfer to the ground ambulance at the port. A helicopter was tasked to head in that direction to intercept the Glory before she had to go all the way into port, but the weather wasn't great, so it wasn't worth the risk considering the patient's condition. I imagine that it put the ship at least 8hrs behind schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you paramedicduo for taking the time to update us. I'm sure I can speak for everyone on the boards that we are grateful that the person with the medical emergency is now being well taken care of.

We are looking forward to boarding the Glory sometime on Sunday!!!!:)

Thanks again and have a nice day!

that does not make sense.

Glory is in new england right now.

Sunday's cruise is out of norfolk.

She unloads in nyc and sails empty to norfolk.

How the heck do they know she will be delayed getting to norfolk by that many hours. 3 days beforehand.

Sounds more like they are staggering boarding times.

Archived