money question.

I’m going on the Explorer of the seas in the summer of 2004, and I was wondering if you can put a certain amount of money down in advance on your “Ship access card†(i.e. $500). Because I’m worried that I will spend more money than I have…thanks.

You may still need to put down a credit card guarantee but friends of ours paid each day with cash in order to control their spending. You can also keep track of your spending by checking your inroom TV.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

You can do this. For some reason, RCI doesn't list it in their list of onboard gifts you can purchase. You just call 1-800-722-5443 and request to purchase shipboard credit. They do limit you to $500 per transaction (they say they must have signature for credit card if over $500) but you can do it multiple times. I just added some more to my account this morning. If you have a balance left, they will give you a check at the conclusion of your cruise. You can even cash the check at the Purser's desk if you need the cash immediately. I always do this in the months with 5 weeks (extra paycheck) and I don't have to worry when cruise time comes around. I have never been asked for a credit card when boarding when I have the ship board credit. I suppose they treat it like a cash account, they might request a card if I exceeded my credit but fortunately that has never happened, YET!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

Archived