Stateroom Assignment Question

suntan

There are four of us in our group and we are booked on the 02/26/06 sailing on the Sun. We were originally three people, with my aunt going as a single in an inside stateroom. Her friend decided a few weeks ago to join her, so arrangements were made to put the friend in the same stateroom as my aunt. The friend has just found out they may not be able to go on this cruise. My aunt still wants to go but heard from the TA that if her friend cancels, then my aunt may not be able to stay in the stateroom she was originally booked into because Princess may want to "rent" that statement for a couple. I don't see why my aunt cannot just stay in the same stateroom and if there is another single woman booked, put her in the stateroom with my aunt. Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

Interesting, as if your Aunt sails without her friend, she will be paying the single supplement for her stateroom, which depending on her category booked is usually around double the rate. If she is booked in a double stateroom, there should not be a problem at all. I could understand this if she was booked in a quad room though.

Archived