Carnival Spirit's arrival in Sydney...

Great pics Sutho, what are the vantage points you used ???

Also I did not se anything on the Funell ????????

K

Yeah, I'm really disappointed about that! They had a giant inflatable koala! They had it all set up while we were out off the coast (doing circles and killing time) but because it was so windy, they had to take it down (it would've become a flying koala).:( Some other people who were on board might have some pics of it. I didn't take any while they were inflating it because I thought I'd wait to photograph it in fully inflated glory.

They haven't made the changes yet Mal (except for Green Thunder). Well, they hadn't during our cruise at least. Oh, you thought the Americans were fun too, huh (sarcasm)?

Actually, we got sick of groups of elderly Australians who treated whineing and bitching like it was an Olympic event and they were trying out for the green and gold. The worst was one old sheila we overheard in the Fountain cafe who genuinely complained that there were too many entree choices in the Empire at dinner time... Most of the US folks we spoke to over the month were just good fun people to hang out with.

Not sure why the night ones are so large when the other ones are not. I dont like the noise showing at such a large resolution.

All the vantage points in Sydney are easy to find. Close to number 1 ferry wharf there are cafe's and there is a lift leading up to the Cahill Expressway. That footpath has great views and leads all the way across the Harbour Bridge. You can then come down the steps into The Rocks and follow the nurses steps to the quay. Then just walk all around Circular Quay.

Not sure why the night ones are so large when the other ones are not. I dont like the noise showing at such a large resolution.

All the vantage points in Sydney are easy to find. Close to number 1 ferry wharf there are cafe's and there is a lift leading up to the Cahill Expressway. That footpath has great views and leads all the way across the Harbour Bridge. You can then come down the steps into The Rocks and follow the nurses steps to the quay. Then just walk all around Circular Quay.

Thanks I know where the lift is ..

Actually, we got sick of groups of elderly Australians who treated whineing and bitching like it was an Olympic event and they were trying out for the green and gold. The worst was one old sheila we overheard in the Fountain cafe who genuinely complained that there were too many entree choices in the Empire at dinner time... Most of the US folks we spoke to over the month were just good fun people to hang out with.
Bahaha! Thankfully we didn't come across that. Sounds like we had the opposite. We heard a lot of complaints from the older Americans. I was in the Pharoah's Palace for Stu's debarkation talk and when he said that we only accept Aussie dollars in Sydney, this couple about two or three seats away thought it was disgraceful that we don't accept U.S. dollars...seriously! :rolleyes: LOL! :D

Bahaha! Thankfully we didn't come across that. Sounds like we had the opposite. We heard a lot of complaints from the older Americans. I was in the Pharoah's Palace for Stu's debarkation talk and when he said that we only accept Aussie dollars in Sydney, this couple about two or three seats away thought it was disgraceful that we don't accept U.S. dollars...seriously! :rolleyes: LOL! :D

:rolleyes: rofl.gif

Lol...love your "Whining and Bitching like it was an Olympic event".... I'm going to remember that one.:D

Those people must use my supermarket, my bank and my local News Agent....:D

Jilly

We were in the city today so went down to the Quay to have a look at Spirit. She looks in good order and there were lots of people taking happy snaps and checking out the ship.

The crew were undertaking some sort of drill so I guess they are taking full advantage of having no passengers on board although I'm sure they are having lots of travel industry types undertaking inspections and having lunches.

Also love the 'olympic' complainers. I think it's what is referred to as a first world problem - they obviously don't appreciate how lucky they are if that's all they have to complain about.

Happy cruising to those who are about to sail on Spirit!

Now right at the top of one of the Opera House sails:

DSCN0119.jpg

The rest of the photos:

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

Nice photos, Tillydog - in the last one that's me and the better half on the top deck (deck 11), just right of center. She's in the white cowboy hat, I'm to her left in the red aloha shirt. Very cool to see that.

Oh awesome! Small world, that last one was just a random snap to try and show the turnout on the ship! Most of the time, I was just blindly snapping away because the sun was blaring in my face! They turned out better than I had hoped!

Here are some of my photos

Great photos Sutho :)

Just got home from a month on board the Spirit, Vancouver to Sydney. A simply magnificent trip. Not sure why people think that the changes are all negatives, the ship was outstanding and the new additions are great. The only gripes we had were caused by other passengers - the ship and crew were wonderful all trip long.

Welcome home MalGee64 :D, its sounds like you had a nice time (Apart from a few people causing gripes! :rolleyes:)

carnival spirit yesterday morning.

Great photos diy dave :)

You need to resize them, before you upload them to facebook.

Nice night photos Sutho :cool:

Archived