Tropical Storm Rafael and Ex of the Seas

goodml

We cruised down coast of California once as hurricane came up the coast. Being on the west side of the storm gave us unusually calm seas if you can believe it. Captain stayed outside the storm as we moved down to Mexico and we had sun and smooth seas the whole way and sunny skies.

Nothing is ever the same, but your captain will do his best to provide a smooth and sunny cruise. Good luck.

Always something....right.....

When you book a cruise you never know, storms, from hurricaines to snow.

At least you are cruising, you could be home with us reading about it.

No really.

It looks like it could have an effect on your sails.

I will pray for safe waters.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

Here's the link for Bermuda's official forecast... Right now, there is a tropical storm watch....

http://www.weather.bm

Right now, they are calling for 10-20 foot seas outside the reef on Wed... If you can get in, the forecast looks pretty good for Wed....

Be prepared for possible heavy seas Tue. night!

Have fun,

Aloha,

John

Checking in from sunny Bermuda! Hurricane Rafael was no match for Explorer! Surprisingly calm seas actually for what was churning just to the east of us. We were a wee bit rocky on Tuesday but all in all a great sail over. We have sailed through much worse on several occasions. We're also enjoying the new menus.

Anyway thanks for the positive wishes. Home again soon.

Checking in from sunny Bermuda! Hurricane Rafael was no match for Explorer! Surprisingly calm seas actually for what was churning just to the east of us. We were a wee bit rocky on Tuesday but all in all a great sail over. We have sailed through much worse on several occasions. We're also enjoying the new menus.

Anyway thanks for the positive wishes. Home again soon.

That is great to hear!!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your cruise :)

All the best on your cruise. Bermuda has been the focus this year with storms. We watched and watched the ocean weather for the 2 to 3 weeks prior to ours on Sept 9 (the accident cruise!) Hopefully for all the cruisers and the people of Bermuda the storm stays east!

In August when I sailed to Bermuda there was a tropical storm headed there too. Well I was worried for days. The morning of my sailing I woke up earlier and looked on hurricane track and to my disbelief it was gone!! The night before our arrival to Bermuda the captain said it would be raining in Bermuda the next day. But it was sunny and beautiful the 2 days in Bermuda. Last sea day was not so nice. But I was so happy we got to go to Bermuda and have great weather. Good luck hope it works out the same way for you!!

Archived