What is best time of year for Mediterranean cruise?

cindygad

We sailed once in early may, and it was unseasonably cool and really rainy ( mostly in the low 50's)That was the year Barcelona got a bad snow storm. In 2010, we sailed in March. I thought it was beautiful. Low to mid 60s everywhere and sunny.

We did the Med cruise in May and had gorgeous weather the whole cruise ( except for the day we arrived in Barcelona , which was cold and rainy). I´d go again in May in a heartbeat.

I did a land trip in France this September and it was HOT! But September is lovely and without crowds.

I have so much more research to do but I am thinking of booking Sep/Oct for 2114. I need to wait until the itinerary comes out for Celebrity in Feb or March. Thanks for everyone's input.

Cindy, I think you'll be really happy with that choice. Don't be a stranger until then!

So is Nov and Dec cooler? How long are the times you are in port?

I would say you ought to look at where you want to go Cindygad as all the Med is a good visit from May to October. You have a greater chance of bad weather in Nov and Dec. If you wanted to visit the Eastern Med, and by that I mean Istabul, Black Sea etc ships only visit that area in October time.

Where do you intend to start your cruise is also cruical. I am in the UK and sailing from there if your intention is the Med only will mean it takes a long time to get there, albeit there are some nice stops on the way.

Great post and pics from EteTraveller. If you are worried about smells in the Canals of Venice you shouldn't be because the place is so fascinating. We wandered about in the back streets and were fed and wined for very little, then found the Palazzo Grimani which was free for us, being over a certain age. All the sketches of Cannelleto and many other attractions. The next day one of our friends took the negative approach about a ride on a Gondola, so we set forth and rode on a ferry Gondola, easily found on a map, and had our photo taken to prove it. If you stay overnight take in one of the classical concerts which play all the popular stuff and Vivaldi, a must do in Venice. Sorry there lots of things to do in the Med and the best advice is to do a lot of homework to really enjoy it.

Archived