Golden Eagle or Captain Alan's

Snorkel Mom

Golden Eagle is wayyyy better. Snorleking anywhere in St Maarten is mediocre at best... Although with Golden Eagle they do take you to see a sunken submarine from WWI (sunk on purpose)... you do get to see old cannons also. They take you to a nice beach and depending on how long people choose to snorkle you could have more or less time on the beach. You will have a blast on the Cat!!! Charlie who is the "Party Man" makes sure all have a great time. The Free Rum Punch is awesome!!!! If you drink or not you will have a great time. They also provide lunch on board. Bring a camera and get ready to do a Conga line Best excursion in St Maarten IMHO... Hope this helps.

We are looking for a nice snorkel in St Maarten. Both of these tours sound nice, although their boats are entirely different. Anyone ever been on one of these tours? I would love your feedback. Thanks.

I'll report back after our trip. We booked the 6 hour trip.

We are looking for a nice snorkel in St Maarten. Both of these tours sound nice, although their boats are entirely different. Anyone ever been on one of these tours? I would love your feedback. Thanks.

We have been on both tours. As stated the Golden Eagle is a very nice relaxing tour with a medium size group. Slow/Smooth sailing. As I recall you board nearer the cruise port.

Captain Alan's tour is in a fast boat that covers a lot more ground and visits more spots. The snorkeling was much better and more varied. The beach stop by the mud bath was fun. The day we went the water was rough and we had a "joy ride". It was so rough that we had to skip the stop at Pinel Island. Also you have to take a taxi to the point of boarding. It was more of an adventure with a small group.

We would recommend either one.

We went a few years ago and I think the weight limit is more of a concern about being able to get back aboard if you get in the water. The boat has a ladder that drops down between the sponsons?? and it is a little difficult for people of size or those not in shape to climb back on the boat.

I will say it was a great trip, if you can contact them by email you may be able to get a clarification on the weight issue. I hope you are able to go for it is a lot of fun.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Read mixed reviews on Captain Bob.... unsatizied snorkeling gear and getting back to ship late.

read rave reviews on Eagle Tour .

Wonder how they fair with getting pax to/from cruise dock.

:confused:

What's included in the price? Hours?

we are also looking for catamaran info.....golden eagle or mirabel through NCL..thanks;););)

We just did a full day with Capt. Alan a few weeks ago. We had a spectacular day. The snorkeling was fabulous. Food - very yummy! Crew was super. My DD and I had a great time sitting on the bow dangling our legs for the ride back to the harbor. Highly recommend Captain Alan!