scenic crystal?

BarbaraM

thinking about booking on a scenic BUD-AMS 14 night next summer, I believe it is the Crystal. What is the bed quality? Any pros/cons on this ship/line/itinerary?

Our first river cruise,

thanks,

Dear Barbara, We cruised that itinerary with Vantage a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

We also spent a few days in Amsterdam on our own for about half of what the cruise line wanted.

The story and pictures of our trip is on our website. We are happy to answer any questions.

Hi -

Have travelled once with Scenic - and just put a deposit down on a cruise with them for 2014... (yes, long way out - but already have another river cruise booked for 2013 with Viking).

We were very pleased with our cruise with Scenic - and the itinerary you have picked is very popular. I was happy with the beds - although bed comfort is a very subjective evaluation.

They are truly all inclusive next year - and we are intrigued with the GPS self-guided tour option.

There have been some concerns raised re: food on Scenic - but, again, that is very subjective. When we travelled with them, I was somewhat disappointed in the dessert options - but that is quite dependent on the chef and his crew - and it certainly wouldn't prevent me from travelling with them again.

Fran

Just returned from Scenic AMS to BUD. Great line to travel with. Beds were very comfortable. Food as Fran says was a bit disappointing, however, I am advised from upper management that the menus are all being revamped for 2013 season to improve the quality. Am booked with Scenic for France in 2013. I would recommend Scenic for their all inclusive nature, wonderful tours and organization.

thinking about booking on a scenic BUD-AMS 14 night next summer, I believe it is the Crystal. What is the bed quality? Any pros/cons on this ship/line/itinerary?

Our first river cruise,

thanks,

We took our first river cruise in august an Avalon ship but the same route, Budapest to Amsterdam. The only problem with taking it in summer was the river levels, this year the Danube was quite low at that time and they had to make some alterations to our itinerry, it meant taking some of the daily tours by bus from ports south of where we were supposed to be at that time. We still loved our first cruise and are planning another for 2014.

I would rdccomend staying in both Budapest snd Amstrdam a few nights too, we stayed 3 extra nights in each and had s great time, both have so much to see. Budapest is just beautiful, absolutely loved it there. Both places we booked ourselves and saved alot of money from what the cruise lines were charging, that was dtaying in the same hotels ss well :-)

Enjoy :-)

Are you thinking of going in 2013? We just booked Scenic Crystal for the end of July on that route and had a lot of trouble getting the dates that we wanted, they are all full, Scenic are very popular with Australians, Kiwis and Canadians. Hope you can get on board a ship.

Cheers

Archived