Brooklyn cruise terminal to Manhattan

saintgeorge

Can anyone tell us the best way to get to Central Park Manhattan from the Brooklyn cruise terminal - we will be arriving Saturday 22nd December.

Will Cunard be operating a shuttle bus service for those of us who are in transit - enroute to the Caribbean.

Can anyone tell us the best way to get to Central Park Manhattan from the Brooklyn cruise terminal - we will be arriving Saturday 22nd December.

Will Cunard be operating a shuttle bus service for those of us who are in transit - enroute to the Caribbean.

Was just reading this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1716417&highlight=brooklyn+cruise+terminal+to+manhattan

hope that is of some help to you.

Have a good day.

I concur with the other poster suggesting town car. I'll be headed to Red Hook on the same day (joining QM2 on Dec 22) and am organising a service.

Easier than trying to get a cab. I'll also organise a town car service for the 3 Jan when in transit in NYC.

Cunard Transfers to Macys are $40 return per person. It worked well on the two recent stopovers in NY, though got in later than on previous occasions. One advantage is that you get off the ship earlier compared with general disembarkation.

This is still a reasonable walk (3/4 hour ?) or cab ride from Central Park, so may not be your best choice.

Hi saint george.

I would get off the ship as early as possible

After clearing customs/immigration...

I'd exit the terminal and hail a Yellow Cab...

"Take me to 59th and Madison please"

-then you walk up one block to Fifth Ave- and there is Central Park!

Oh I do hope there is snowfall...

Hi saintgeorge

Join us on our roll call over at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581238

andhow

Hi saint george.

I would get off the ship as early as possible

After clearing customs/immigration...

I'd exit the terminal and hail a Yellow Cab...

"Take me to 59th and Madison please"

-then you walk up one block to Fifth Ave- and there is Central Park!

Oh I do hope there is snowfall...

Many thanks for your reply - just what we needed !!

We have been to New York on several occasions and have seen Central Park (our favourite part of New York) at various seasons except Winter and yes we too are hoping to see it with snow.

We are now looking forward to our TA crossing and onward travel to the Caribbean and sunshine.

It is very unlikely that you'll see snow in Central Park on December 22! February is the best month for snow, though last year there was almost no snow at all. Of course in 2010 we had 30+ inches on December 26 and it kept coming.

It is very unlikely that you'll see snow in Central Park on December 22! February is the best month for snow, though last year there was almost no snow at all. Of course in 2010 we had 30+ inches on December 26 and it kept coming.

Hi newcruise. OK, but there will be snow in Central Park on December 22...Santa told me so! Maybe only a light dusting, but be prepared :)

If its not included in the package but I would imagine it would be

You can check on board at Guest Services

use

http://www.arecibocc.com/

I also recommend Arecibo Car Service. They are experts on Brooklyn and know exactly where Red Hook is located and the QM2 dock. So long as you are going to or from Brooklyn to anywhere else in NYC you can use them. I might also add they are very reasonable and reliable.

Ernie

Will Cunard be operating a shuttle bus service for those of us who are in transit - en-route to the Caribbean.

When we did this cruise Cunard did a city tour we got off before it returned to the ship, and took the subway to Grand Central Terminal ( had to see it, seen it soo may times in films) had lunch down in the basement then walked up to Central Park. after we got the Subway down to Chinatown and walked back over Brooklyn bridge & back to the ship

Archived