Calling all UK cruise with military benefit. Help!

jackieo

I have friends who are going on their first princess cruise. They have applied for military benefit using the email address shown on the website They have rung Southampton twice to see if it's been credited. Southampton tell them it won't show until they are on board and can't tell them if it's there! This seems strange to me. What else can they do to ensure its credited. As we have always used a US TA and deal with it via the US princess offices I am not sure how Southampton work. But honestly I think they are getting the runaround. Not a great introduction to princess! I have suggested they take a copy of their emails and see what they can do on board. Will this work?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Jackie.

I've successfully applied for Military OBC before, the email goes to the US office I think. I got a new invoice showing extra OBC. It will also show up in your 'Cruise Personaliser'. It took about two to three weeks for mine to be processed. Just email the same address requesting an update. BTW I'm also from the UK.

Contact your travel agent, they should be able to bring up the reservation and see it applied to your cruise. If it is not, get them on the phone with Princess, and have them resolve it.

You might be able to see it, when you log on to the cruise personalizer under circle savings account.

Third and final, print a copy of the email you sent showing the date you sent it, a copy of the records they require and get the princess agents name and number when you talk to them. Bring all this information on the ship with you, and argue with the purser if needed.

I was just on the phone with Princess about my credit. They are about 2.5 weeks behind in processing they requests.If they have sent it more than 2.5 weeks ago, then I would call again.

make sure they used the form located here:

http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/index.html#.UHxjgK74KEY

and you can always contact them:

Email: militarybenefit@princesscruises.com

Fax: (661) 753-1394

Mail: 24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

I have friends who are going on their first princess cruise. They have applied for military benefit using the email address shown on the website They have rung Southampton twice to see if it's been credited. Southampton tell them it won't show until they are on board and can't tell them if it's there! This seems strange to me. What else can they do to ensure its credited. As we have always used a US TA and deal with it via the US princess offices I am not sure how Southampton work. But honestly I think they are getting the runaround. Not a great introduction to princess! I have suggested they take a copy of their emails and see what they can do on board. Will this work?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Jackie.

Hi Jackie

We applied by post to Southampton for both Military & Shareholder Benefit. No problem with Military, shareholder I telephoned and was given a name, so I resent all the paperwork. The next day an email arrived apoligising for the delay, it has now been addded to my account.

It may be worth an email or telephone call to him, if he cannot help I am sure that he will give you details of someone who can - Sean.Sturgess@carnivalukgroup.com Tel 02380655000 - this will take you to the switchboard, just ask to be put through.

Hope this helps. By the way this happened 2 weeks ago.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Andy

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your help. The email address worked and the chap was very helpful. Now all sorted.

Thanks CC family!

Thats great, glad to be of help.

That is why this site is so useful.

Regards

Andy

Archived