New Chog Policy Apply to Serenity Area?

SNJCruisers

I wasn't gonna let sour puss move in:rolleyes:

How mature of you! Do you really think just because you get up there early you should occupy the same desireable spot the entire cruise and then make sure someone who waited for it didn't get it just out of spite? If people just stopped acting like 2 year olds, most people could get chairs whenever they arrived on deck. Lots of us only want a space for an hour out of the day--but not at 7am. I'm in the gym then.

I applaud DaDiva for what she did. The old sour puss was the one acting like a 2 year old because her privileged butt thought she was entitled to whatever she wanted because she showed up and expected a clam shell to be available for her. DaDiva never stated nor implied that she was going to occupy the clam shell all day long. If the old sour puss had kept her mouth shut, then she might have gotten the clam shell, but because she opened her trap, DaDiva did the right and proper thing, in my opinion, and gave the clam shell to the other couple.

How mature of you! Do you really think just because you get up there early you should occupy the same desireable spot the entire cruise and then make sure someone who waited for it didn't get it just out of spite? If people just stopped acting like 2 year olds, most people could get chairs whenever they arrived on deck. Lots of us only want a space for an hour out of the day--but not at 7am. I'm in the gym then.

I don't see where the poster did anything wrong.

If you get up late and head to the serenity area and the clams are full just stop to chat' date=' nicely, and check with the occupant whether they are in for the long haul or will abandon ship at some point. Many times I have just stopped and asked...sometimes peeps are happy to give up their seat for a couple of hours while they go to lunch with the knowledge we will just trade when they get back and many times I'll make an arrangement to come back in an hour when they are ready to head out. Common courtesy and respect for each other always wins out in the end.

And yes, I would make sure that sour faced lurker didn't get my seat...comments to their companions about hoggers and glaring eyes every few minutes don't cut it with me.[/quote']

I may be anti social but I know I don't want someone chatting me up just to know when I might be vacating my Serenity seat. The person asking has absolutely no idea how many other folks are doing that very thing. Really! How relaxing is it to be bothered every so often by some curious soul who, if they wanted a lounge chair could have one, but maybe not exactly where they intended to be. If you can't find a seat in Serenity just move along. There are plenty of nice, quiet places to sit.

Thanks folks. I'm usually up running at 5:30 or so, so you being in the gym or anywhere else is no concern of mine. My booty is in the spot where I got to first. Yes I choose the same chair each day and I'm IN IT.

When the same person constantly comes by to see if you are gone yet and gets snarky then no, I'm not going to go out of my way to offer the space to them. Your judgement of my maturity level doesn't concern me in the least.

I will however look around and if it looks like someone needs a chair I will gladly offer it to them, especially because they had a chair in the shade and I was ready for shade, win/win.

Keep judging...life is way too short.

There are staff members in serenity now that do monitor the area for unoccupied chairs so folks can use them. Getting the use of preferred lounger though can be the luck of the draw and giving it up so everyone gets a "turn" may or may not happen. That's just life.

I may be anti social but I know I don't want someone chatting me up just to know when I might be vacating my Serenity seat. The person asking has absolutely no idea how many other folks are doing that very thing. Really! How relaxing is it to be bothered every so often by some curious soul who, if they wanted a lounge chair could have one, but maybe not exactly where they intended to be. If you can't find a seat in Serenity just move along. There are plenty of nice, quiet places to sit.

Definitely anti-social! Hope I never run into you and ask a quick question. Are you rude to your fellow tablemates who are strangers, too. (OK, now I've been nasty back and feel much better).

The check in/towel stand folks do a walk through about every 30 to forty minutes on Serenity. They monitor the hammocks and clam shells just like they do the couches, chairs and loungers. The level of course depends on the employee and varies ship to ship. On Freedom it was very much monitored.

The check in/towel stand folks do a walk through about every 30 to forty minutes on Serenity. They monitor the hammocks and clam shells just like they do the couches, chairs and loungers. The level of course depends on the employee and varies ship to ship. On Freedom it was very much monitored.

Don't know whether you consider monitoring letting people know about vacant chairs or using the stickers, so, I will be crystal clear....were the clam shells and hammocks stickered like the chaise loungers are with the implementation of the new 40 minute CHOG policy? You can get a chaise lounge anywhere on the ship and I personally do not have to be right next to the pool, but.....I do want a clam shell or a hammock at sometime during my January cruise, so that is why I posted my original question, which so far nobody has answered with 100% certainty.

Don't know whether you consider monitoring letting people know about vacant chairs or using the stickers, so, I will be crystal clear....were the clam shells and hammocks stickered like the chaise loungers are with the implementation of the new 40 minute CHOG policy? You can get a chaise lounge anywhere on the ship and I personally do not have to be right next to the pool, but.....I do want a clam shell or a hammock at sometime during my January cruise, so that is why I posted my original question, which so far nobody has answered with 100% certainty.

If people are using them they wouldn't be stickered...and from what I gather on this post it seems they are very popular and not often vacant. If I came up to Serenity and saw a vacant clam with only a towel I would move it myself. I also think it is only common courtesy to give them up if you are heading into lunch....if you need to use the facilities or get a drink it is easy enough to tell that the chair is occupied if all your stuff is on it including your spouse or significant other. If you are there by yourself advise your neighbors that you will be back in 5. They'll let others know.

I usually get up with the sun and take my book and pick out the perfect clam shell, it has to be open just right, you don't want one that's not perfect of course and I place my towels down and plop my body down and relax. Usually around 8 my sweet DH comes around with my breakfast and I enjoy my corn flakes and banana and he goes down to the dining room for his eggs benedict. We are on vacation and are entitled to do the things which make us happy. I love outdoors and he loves indoors. Usually he will come around at lunch at we will have lunch on the clam shell together. So romantic and then he disappears and I go back to reading whatever trashy romance novel I am into for the day. And if people ask me if anyone belongs to the shoe or towel that his been abandoned for the last 2 hours, I will personally pick it up and take it to the towel desk for them. I have no room for people that mark their territory like a dog and expect it to be off limits.

This sounds like a wonderful day! Enjoy your cruise!

So glad to hear it is monitored well on the Freedom so I might be able to have a coveted ocean view to relax! Just wondering tho...do all the clams have a bonnet shade on them? And are the hammocks partially shaded at all? This summer I was at the beach and let my legs out from under my umbrella for half an hour in the full sun and had an awful allergic reaction. They swelled and I got a rash that lasted a week. OUCHY!

I will tell you that I usually go up about 7:30 or so and grab my chair of choice. Do a quick ten minute run to lido for my breakfast and bring it back to Serenity. Try this and see if it works to get you your hammock:) My ManHo loves them but usually only gets one late in the afternoon as he's not an early riser either.

I understand too the being bullied out of an area. I prefer a certain clam shell and we had three sea day on our trip on the last sea day a lady came by about 11 am and huffed to me "what did you reserve this one?" I just ignored her. When I was done about 30 minutes later, I didn't move my stuff until I went up to a nice couple that were sharing one upright chair and asked them if they wanted the clam shell. I wasn't gonna let sour puss move in:rolleyes: They were quite pleased. I took their chair in the shade and all was right in my vacation world.

Karma...I LOVE IT!!!

^5!

So glad to hear it is monitored well on the Freedom so I might be able to have a coveted ocean view to relax! Just wondering tho...do all the clams have a bonnet shade on them? And are the hammocks partially shaded at all? This summer I was at the beach and let my legs out from under my umbrella for half an hour in the full sun and had an awful allergic reaction. They swelled and I got a rash that lasted a week. OUCHY!

I can't speak to the Freedom, but the hammocks on the Pride are pretty much shaded. I assume they'd all be the same.

Bonnets or not, where the sun is in relation to the direction of ship travelling and time of day will determine how much sun/shade you will have.

Be careful.

Definitely anti-social! Hope I never run into you and ask a quick question. Are you rude to your fellow tablemates who are strangers' date=' too. (OK, now I've been nasty back and feel much better).[/quote']

No need for name calling. I was just expressing an opinion, as I thought was my right, and you want to throw around the word "rude". I was by no means being nasty in my post.

And I stand by my point. Whether or not someone is approaching me with honey or vinegar, if your only intent is to find out if you might get my clam shell, lounger or hammock, you are still intruding. If you can't find a place to sit in Serenity, why not just go to another deck and find a seat there? That is more courteous to other pax.

I can't speak to the Freedom, but the hammocks on the Pride are pretty much shaded. I assume they'd all be the same.

Bonnets or not, where the sun is in relation to the direction of ship travelling and time of day will determine how much sun/shade you will have.

Be careful.

Thank you so much!

The clam shells on the sides of the Freedom do not have sun shades, I'm not sure about the ones at the end of the ship. The hammocks are under a pergola type thing which provides a little shade but not a lot. There are some couches under sail cloth shade that I usually move to in the afternoon.

The sticker and 40 minute monitoring program was not yet in effect when we sailed. I would not expect any staff member to tell you there were certain types of chairs available, as they are busy checking out towels, cleaning up glasses and gathering and stickering and such. It is RARE to see just towels or items on clamshells or hammocks there are usually people in them.

I hope you do get to spend some time in one as you like but getting there early in the AM or going late PM is your best bet as they don't turn over too often.

I know I got up early and I'm usually done after lunch but at times I have stayed all day:eek:

The clam shells on the sides of the Freedom do not have sun shades, I'm not sure about the ones at the end of the ship. The hammocks are under a pergola type thing which provides a little shade but not a lot. There are some couches under sail cloth shade that I usually move to in the afternoon.

The sticker and 40 minute monitoring program was not yet in effect when we sailed. I would not expect any staff member to tell you there were certain types of chairs available, as they are busy checking out towels, cleaning up glasses and gathering and stickering and such. It is RARE to see just towels or items on clamshells or hammocks there are usually people in them.

I hope you do get to spend some time in one as you like but getting there early in the AM or going late PM is your best bet as they don't turn over too often.

I know I got up early and I'm usually done after lunch but at times I have stayed all day:eek:

Thank you! On our first cruise the Serenity deck was deserted every time we went on it so I really didn't give it a thought before I found CC. I don't recall seeing any hammocks or clams tho(on the Inspiration). Either way, it will not make or break my cruise, it would just be nice to get a chance to try it out. I am glad I burn so I don't have to fight for a spot in the sun...lol. It sounds absolutely cutthroat!! :eek: ;)

Archived