Roll Call Question

dsl laber

Question about roll calls...we are fairly new to all this, have posted a few times, but I keep reading posts about roll calls. Not to sound dumb, but what does this do, and how fair in advance usually do the roll calls start? We are sailing the Jan 28, 2006 on the Golden. I didn't see it on there yet. Thanks!

Some cruises never reallly get one going, others have hundreds of posts. Many start a year prior to the cruise, so if you want to start one, just go over to the Roll Call section and create one. Other cruisers on your voyage can then chime in, say hello and you can all make friends in advance of your cruise.

Poster above is correct - some threads never take off - you'd think you were the only one sailing.

Some start as early as 18 months out - if the schedule has been released for the ship, and may grow to a couple thousand posts!

Thanks for the replies! So roll calls are basically just for "pre-meeting" your future cruisemates?

What Druke said is correct. Also you can chit-chat everyday single day until you cruise if you wish. I have been on many roll calls and have talked to so many nice people. In fact on one of my former cruises there are four of us you still are yakking but we moved the thread over to the floataway lounge as soon as the cruise was over. We are planning on taking another cruise together for the falll of 06. Then there are some roll calls like was mentioned that just never get off of the ground. You just never know. I am currently on a rol.l call for May 2006 and we have been yaking every single day and still have almost a year away.

Marilyn

One other nice thing that generally comes out of the Roll Call is that you can get more information on things specific to your cruise, such as private shore excursions to take, which hotels to stay at before and after your cruise, etc. These things are also discussed in the Port of Call threads, but not in as much specific detail. And if you don't find any takers on your sailing date, come on over to this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=155000

Its your itinerary, but two months later, and already going strong. Nice people, lots of info, active thread, their own web page, and you can be the hero by letting everyone know what to expect.:D

Archived