Potential Divorce After Booking Cruise?

BayAreaBC

I am not sure this is a serious post.

If you are legally married, and have not yet filed any paperwork, and you really live in CA, you won't be divorced by the Feb cruise. It takes six months minimum in CA to get a divorce after the date you file the paperwork.

Suggest you cancel and get your money back before final payment is due.

I read on cruise critic so often about people thinking they can cancel and get all their deposits back before the final payment. This is not true with all cruise lines. We booked a Discovery cruise and had to cancel before the final payment date and they would not refund one penny of the $2,000.00 deposits we had made. We had booked through a web based agency and they were never able to get the cancellation details for us when we booked. We were fortunate that our annual travel insurance did pay us some of the money. We now know that we have to get all the details and read all the fine print and not assume anything.

Wendy

At this point I don't care if anyone recognizes me.

We are going to remain friends and will go on the cruise. If we are lucky we will meet our new partners.

It's not a joke that I've been to the countries I listed.

I think it's great that you're going... but on a ship full of potentially single guys I certainly hope that neither of you will be jealous when the other flirts with someone else. I would test out that situation, maybe go to a bar together with friends and see if it doesn't upset you before you're trapped on a ship with them and can't avoid the situation.

Archived