Jacksonville parking

cowgrlkirby

Can anyone give me a few good options for parking for our cruise? I have heard about the lot going into the port and I have heard about the option of parking at the airport. I need to know if anyone has parked at these places and give me an opinion. I do not mind parking at the port so before I get blasted about being cheap I would rather save money on parking and be able to spend what I save on the ship. Thanks!!!!:D

Hey; We park at the port just because it's so convenient. It's $15 a day. There is a small lot just outside of the port that I think charges $8. I've read good reviews about it but have never used it. I don't remember the name. Then there's VIP out toward the airport. They charge $5 a day. From what I have read, they are good unless you end up having to wait on "the next shuttle". About 30 min. We sail in ten days and will probably park at the port again. Have A Blessed Trip! Mikey<><

We are sailing on 11/19 i have a res for the lot outside the port.

I spoke to Alex the owner, you make the res with no down payment, if you do not like the place when you get there you leave.

The ride to the port is about 1 min. I will post a review after i use them.

• 3 months later...

The unofficial lot in Jacksonville is on Zoo Parkway just outside the port. It is now $8 per day. I used them in 2011 when it was $5 per day. We had no problems parking and the staff was friendly enough. It's a pretty small lot, which looked to me like it might have been a convenience store at one time. Security seemed okay for the average customer. If I had a really expensive or theft prone car, I might be more concerned.

The big advantage to this lot is that it is literally just a mile or two from the port. We waited no more than 10 minutes for a shuttle to the port on embarkation day, though we did arrive pretty early. Catching the shuttle back was a little more hassle, but not too bad. We waited probably 15 minutes for a van ride that takes 5 minutes or less. Their drivers at the port were not great at communicating with customers and I remember there being some confusion about where to find the shuttle back to our car. Still, we did save substantially on parking fees so it was worth the minor hassle. I will probably use them again.

Their contact info:

http://www.cruiseparkingjacksonville.com/

Phone: 904-428-3788

Archived