hello from a newbie!! Need advice

Hello-Kitty

First of all is there really such a thing as a BAD cruise? Not in my opinion, some are great some just ok, but not bad.

I have sailed RCCI several times, celebrity once, carnival once (not again) and am now booked on Carribean Princess in October. I like you am nervous about Princess. My DH and I both love RCCI, but Princess had a similar itinerary but was more economical, so we figured we would try it out. Everyone is different in what they like and do not like. While some people would be really turned off by say the small bathrooms (so I hear) on Princess, another may not mind that part. What line you cruise depends upon what is important to you and what trades you are willing to make. Dh and my idea is to be high level repeaters on one or two lines by the time he retires (we are in our mid 30s now).

No matter what line you cruise every cruise is what you make of it. If you are willing to let things get to you they will. If you go in to things with an open mind and try not to compare until afterwards you will have a wonderful time.

Terri

I think it all depends on what you are looking for in a cruise. We cruised Voyager as our first cruise and we loved it. Caribbean Princess was last year and loved it as well. Not so much for the ship (yes it is beautiful) but mostly for the people. We are cruising Princess again this year because we know people that are going on our cruise. Met a couple last year that is going with us this year as well.

I miss the traditional seating on Voyager. The wait staff gets to know you during the week. Also since the ship is split into two dinner seating, the shows are also split into two different times. One for early seating and another for late seating. There is always seating available in the theater unlike on CP. The sports deck on Voayger kicked some royal A S S over the "so called" sports deck on CP. CP does have movies under the stars and also 7 foot deep fresh water pools. Princess also has better food available through the night and the Skywalkers kicked A S S over Voyagers night club. Next year we will be on RCCL no matter the price. But I will be returning to Princess in the future as well. I like both. Princess needs to add a royal Promenade to their ships. That was one big feature I do miss.

4xcruiser - don't worry. You will have fun as long as you don't have to be busy doing sports all day long. CP has 2 great golf simulators if you are into golf. Here are some pictures from last years cruise.

http://joenkel3.home.att.net/cp2004.htm

http://joenkel3.home.att.net/cp2004pg2.htm

http://joenkel3.home.att.net/cp2004pg3.htm

We sailed on the HAL Zaandam, 2003 to Alaska - Inside Passage- roundtrip Vancouver. It was a beautiful ship - wonderful balcony - great food and service. I have nothing but great compliments re: HAL. But then we have also sailed on the old Commodore cruise line and had a good time. Just went on the Carnival Sensation, and thought it was fine - not the quality of HAL, but certainly good enough. Looking forward to Diamond to Alaska in June. Good Luck to you in your choice. You know I feel that if you sail with a positive attitude, expecting to have a great time, you generally will.

Archived