hello from a newbie!! Need advice

Hello-Kitty

Hi there, I have been reading this forum and its great!!! I just wish i knew about this 7 cruises ago.

I need help!!! I just came home from the Caribbean Princess on Sat 5/21 it was great ( of course) pool a little crowded, your usual chair hoggers coming out 6:30 in the morning, but all in all the ship was amazing!!

I am planning my next cruise and i want to try something different. BUT i am sooo scared to try another cruise line, i have cruised w/ Princess the last 6 cruises and RCCL was my 1st ( honeymoon) after my 1st i went to Alaska on Princess and was so intriqued i cant get away.

Anyone else feel this way?? Have you cruised another line that is comparable to Princess? I really want to expand ny choices but i am afraid to have a bad cruise!!

Thanks for any sugggestions

This is funny because I am taking my first Princess cruise next week. I have only cruised Celebrity, Carnival, and Disney, so I am a little nervous about Princess. I will have to let you know how it compared when I get back. Even though I've had great experiences with all of the other cruise lines, I like to try new ones too, but you do wonder before how it's going to be!

Hi!

I have sailed 2x on Carnival and once on Princess -- we were on the same sailing, actually....and I loved it (and agree about the chair hogs!).....

My TA swears by Celebrity. She has probably done 20 cruises of varying lengths and types. She and I have talked at length about "types" of cruises and quality of ships, and when I was budget minded she recommended Carnival (which I totally enjoyed, and would sail again, but probably not right away....too many others to try!). For the wedding we went with Princess b/c I fell in love with the grand class and wanted a ship with some serious visual impact (size!). But she personally rates Celebrity just a notch higher than Princess, and I am curious/anxious to try them.

We will definitely try RCCL and Celebrity eventually, but I do think Princess puts together a very classy product. I guess I would think Celebrity would be a good option if you are looking to branch out.....this is of course second hand, but I'm sure others can attest to this.

thanks for the advice i am so afraid to venture out!!

my next choices are royal caribbean or celebrity.

Carnival seems so reasonably priced but i never heard any good things p to now reading on here, i guess everyone is different, like different things.

Hi!

Give Celebrity a try, their Millenium class ships are outstanding, especially the aft balcony's. We've done both, and tip the scales in favor of Celebrity. However, we are booked on the Sapphire for next April, so we'll be able to make a better comparison then.

Anyway, any cruise is better than no cruise at all!! :)

Bon Voyage,

Cindy :)

Hi there, I have been reading this forum and its great!!! I just wish i knew about this 7 cruises ago.

I need help!!! I just came home from the Caribbean Princess on Sat 5/21 it was great ( of course) pool a little crowded, your usual chair hoggers coming out 6:30 in the morning, but all in all the ship was amazing!!

I am planning my next cruise and i want to try something different. BUT i am sooo scared to try another cruise line, i have cruised w/ Princess the last 6 cruises and RCCL was my 1st ( honeymoon) after my 1st i went to Alaska on Princess and was so intriqued i cant get away.

Anyone else feel this way?? Have you cruised another line that is comparable to Princess? I really want to expand ny choices but i am afraid to have a bad cruise!!

Thanks for any sugggestions

Hi Kitty,

We love Princess, but We sailed on the Costa Atlantica in January and it was wonderful. We never had so much fun. We are going on the Car Princess Jun 18 but will probably try Costa again.

Hi there! What cruise are you taking? I'm also leaving on my 1st princess cruise next week...hopefully i'll be able to do Alaska next year! :)

Keri

Golden Princess-06/01/05-W. European Capitals!

As you can guess, we love Princess. But recently took a cruise on RCI Legend of the Seas. We had sailed on it twice back in the early 2000's and loved the ship and what it had to offer. We have sailed on most of the main stream cruise lines and have decided that unless a GREAT deal comes along, we are sticking with Princess from now on. RCI was a huge let down to us after knowing Princess as well as we do over the last several years. Things just didn't stack up like the food, especailly the food. Huge difference then what we have found on Princess.

So, we have decided to just stick with what we know is good and stop comparing....................we always seem to be disappointed unless it's a Princess ship.

Best of Luck! I hope you find that perfect cruise.

you guys are such a great help!!! i have a feeling that i will not be happy unless i stay w/ princess.

I am still looking at celebrity ( possibly) LOL

i need new itineraries w/ out going to $$$ i am getting bored. This next cruise i am taking a friend and her BF they never cruised i want them to be impressed, but i also dont want to go to the same ol places!!!

My family has previously sailed on both Princess (Diamond Princess, 3/19), NCL and Celebrity. The food on Celebrity was the best in my opinion. However, I will have to give Princess the edge for having the better ships, newer and better maintained. I will take that over the food service any day of the week.

If you do try Celebrity, try one of their newer ships. We have sailed on both the Mercury and Century and found the ships in need of repair, i.e. worn carpets, etc.

Hope this helps!

Hi to Semi-Newbie:

As you might have noticed, subject lines are VERY useful, and generic titles like "Need advice" are not, since just about every posting is about "needing advice".

Information for future NEWBIES: Please make a complete subject line that describes your question.

Thanks, and happy trails... oops, mean sailing.

i agree cleanliness is very important, i rave about how princess is constantly upkeeping!!! i always see some one cleaning, fixing or doing something, the ship never feels dirty. When i am in my cabin i feel right at home!

Welcome! I have the opposite problem. I have only been on Celebrity, just off the Summit in February our 6th cruise with Celebrity. We are taking our first Princess in March. We love Celebrity, but have read good things about Princess. We hope we will not be disappointed????? By the way, we will be on the Caribbean Princess.

We are booked on the 9/3/05 CP cruise and have only traveled on Carnival in the past (3 previous cruises in 3 years). While we have not yet been on Princess, if you are going to travel on Carnival, go on the Spirit Class ships. We were on the 3rd voyage of the Spirit and went last year on her sister ship, the Pride. Food is out of this world, balcony room was very private and room was large. While we don't go to the shows (just not our thing), we heard raving reviews about them while we were there. I have heard the Conquest class ships are nice, but don't seem to have the same luxurious feel of the Spirit Class ships. The Dinner club is worth the extra $25/person and went above and beyond our expectations of food and service. Also, Carnival ships all have topless decks...while there are only a couple of people actually topless, it is great as it is a quiet place to lay out and get some sun and relaxation as no kids are allowed. We are looking forward to our CP cruise and after reading reviews, have no doubt it will meet or exceed our expectations.

We’ve been on Celebrity & RCCL. This July will be our first on Princess. Maybe I’m easy to please, but I’ve never been on a cruise that I did not like. Each is a bit different in one small way or another, but they all treat you like royalty, provide mass quantities of food, have a pool, chair hogs, daily drinks, and fond memories and a desire to go back as soon as you can. I wouldn’t sweat it, just enjoy. :)

We've been on Princess, Celebrity and RCCL and loved them all, but for different reasons.

Itinerary: Princess/RCCL tied for 1st and Celebrity 3rd.

Dining room food: Celebrity 1st, Princess a close 2nd, RCCL 3rd.

Buffet: RCCL 1st, Princess a close 2nd due to hours of opperation, Celebrity 3rd.

Specialty restaurant: Celebrity 1st (Olympic restaurant was to die for), Princess 2nd, RCCL 3rd.

Overall service: This was a tough one mainly because they were all good, but different: I'd say: Princess 1st (everyone was very, very friendly and nice in a more down home way). Celebrity 2nd (again, everyone very nice but in a more professional "how may we assist you" way). RCCL 3rd (very good service but nothing that really stood out).

I won't rate the ships or cabins because they were different types of cabins and different classes of ships so that wouldn't be fair...but they were all great in their own way.

Pools: Princess 1st with fresh water pools, Celebrity/RCCL 2nd.

These are only our opinions of what we experienced and we would go on all of these cruise lines again in a heartbeat.

to all u new princess sailers you are going to have a great time!!! i did RCCL my 1st and 2nd was w/ princess and stayed with them ever since. Afraid to venture off, it seems like from what i ahve been reading Celebrity ranks right under princess, maybe i will give it a whirl.

You will love the Caribbean Princess she was a beauty!

Hi to Semi-Newbie:

As you might have noticed, subject lines are VERY useful, and generic titles like "Need advice" are not, since just about every posting is about "needing advice".

Information for future NEWBIES: Please make a complete subject line that describes your question.

Thanks, and happy trails... oops, mean sailing.

I've noticed that you have been giving this same "advice" in other posts...

Did you know that if you hold your mouse over the title, you can read the beginning of the post... Then you can decide if you want to open it, and continue to read.

dreamer333,

thanks for the info, sorry i am new at this. Should i not be giving advice being that i am a new member???

Sorry for the misunderstanding... My post was for garycarla, not you.

Of course you should give advice!!! All perspectives are welcome and appreciated!!!! And from the way I see it, with all those cruises under your belt, you are a cruise expert (maybe just a "newbie" on the boards).

I'm glad that you enjoyed the CB... I was on her a few months ago, and will be back again in Sept!! Can't wait!!!

We are in a similar situation. Sailed RCCL, then NCL, and 7 Princess cruises after that. Two months ago I booked the HAL Zuiderdam, and after a month cancelled it only to replace it with the Caribbean Princess for August '05. Now I just booked another (the Golden) for April '06. Strange, but I couldn't bring myself to change lines as it didn't feel right.. I tried, but Princess just works for us and will continue as long as they don't go the way of rock climbing walls and Playstation video game in public spaces.

Archived