Stateroom upgrade question....

tanyaewa

Received an email yesterday about this option......

"More for less! Upgrade your stateroom today!

We'd like to invite you to upgrade your current stateroom to a higher deck. For $40 per stateroom*, you can enjoy easier and more convenient access to all the spaces and places you love most on the ship - including the pool and Lido deck, Spa Carnival, the Promenade, and much more. It's just another way Carnival is making sure you have the best cruise vacation possible.

Upgrades are limited.

Call (866) 236-6665 EXT. 751 today

to take advantage of this best available upgrade offer."

We are currently in an interior room on riviera deck. Doesn't get any more upgradeable than that! Is it worth calling or will it be the beginning of them trying to upswell me out of the bargain basement?

Has anyone else ever got this email and called with success?

I received an email similar to yours today. Mine was offering to upgrade the stateroom from an interior to an oceanview for $50.00. I called and had no problems with the upgrading. I think that for the price, the upgrade was worth it. I'm not sure if yours was a room upgrade or just a deck upgrade though.

I'm guessing that this is for your Splendor cruise. There are some definite advantages to being on Riviera or Main decks. It's closer to the dining rooms, nighttime entertainment, and where you get off & on the ship in port. I think Empress deck is nice, as it is centrally located between those things & the pool/buffet/waterslide. You can call & ask, but you'd do just as well researching it yourself online, to see how much extra it would cost to move here or there. It's unlikely that they will offer any special deal over the phone. It's usually the same price as if you did it yourself, and sometimes even higher than doing it yourself.

Swmo - I think for $50 I would take an outside. We have always been interior because we are rarely in the room. But I don't think I would bother to just move decks and keep inside.

For the reasons that k2 mentioned above. Every deck has pros and close to dining room is nice.

Swmo - was your email the same or did it read differently?

Oh, and yes... it is for our MR cruise in Dec on Splendour. Thanks for your help!

Received an email yesterday about this option......

"More for less! Upgrade your stateroom today!

We'd like to invite you to upgrade your current stateroom to a higher deck. For $40 per stateroom*, you can enjoy easier and more convenient access to all the spaces and places you love most on the ship - including the pool and Lido deck, Spa Carnival, the Promenade, and much more. It's just another way Carnival is making sure you have the best cruise vacation possible.

Upgrades are limited.

Call (866) 236-6665 EXT. 751 today

to take advantage of this best available upgrade offer."

We are currently in an interior room on riviera deck. Doesn't get any more upgradeable than that! Is it worth calling or will it be the beginning of them trying to upswell me out of the bargain basement?

Has anyone else ever got this email and called with success?

Has anyone else seen this email? What will be the max I can upgrade?

Its just moving you up to a higher deck.

Your upsell is within the same category. It is nice to be on Lido .. but I dont know if I would pay that much.

our friends got this email on our last cruise, it was an upgrade from an interior to a balcony on the lido, for $40 they didnt take it as there was a group of us and we all wanted to stay together.

I would call and see what they are offering!

our friends got this email on our last cruise, it was an upgrade from an interior to a balcony on the lido, for $40 they didnt take it as there was a group of us and we all wanted to stay together.

I would call and see what they are offering!

If it was to a balcony .. why would it say its just to a higher deck on the email? I would assume the upgrade is what it says it is.. not something better.

Looks to me like its a within the category upgrade.. and of course the sooner you call, the better chance you have that you can get a nice high deck.. if you want it.

Swmo - I think for $50 I would take an outside. We have always been interior because we are rarely in the room. But I don't think I would bother to just move decks and keep inside.

For the reasons that k2 mentioned above. Every deck has pros and close to dining room is nice.

Swmo - was your email the same or did it read differently?

Oh, and yes... it is for our MR cruise in Dec on Splendour. Thanks for your help!

Here is my email. Upgrade to an ocean view stateroom today!

Want to make your upcoming Carnival Cruise even better? We'd like to invite you to upgrade your current interior stateroom to one with an ocean view for only $50 per cabin. It's easy and it's just another way Carnival is making sure you have the best cruise vacation possible.

20110304_spacer.gifUpgrades are limited.

Call (866) 236-6665 EXT. 755 today

to take advantage of this best available upgrade offer.

Request promotion code M7C

Archived