Crystalised Ginger

P&OMAN

Joining the Voyager of the Seas early next month on our cruise of Australia and New Zealand.

As we are flying in from the UK and being aware of the strict rules concerning bringing in food will we have a problem having Crystalised Ginger in our luggage.

My wife can suffer from sea sickness, thus the reason to bring Crystalised Ginger with us.

Regards

Joining the Voyager of the Seas early next month on our cruise of Australia and New Zealand.

As we are flying in from the UK and being aware of the strict rules concerning bringing in food will we have a problem having Crystalised Ginger in our luggage.

My wife can suffer from sea sickness, thus the reason to bring Crystalised Ginger with us.

Regards

I am sure the crystalised ginger will be OK provided the packet is unopened and you declare it on the incoming passenger form. Please declare it. We have sometimes brought various foods into Australia and have been told it was OK. If you don't declare it and it is found, you will be in serious trouble.

Yes, Aussie supermarkets sell crystallised ginger (and every other kind of ginger too including fresh, tea and capsules). You can bring your own provided its in a sealed pack and you declare it but it might be confiscated if your AQIS inspector is having a bad day so I'd suggest you buy it after you get here.

Archived