Anyone sailed on the Ryndam lately?

Infrequentcruisers

Has anyone sailed on the Ryndam lately, (like in the last month or so)?

Have read some very critical reviews on the HAL site about the Ryndam.

We will be sailing on the Ryndam out of Barcelona on the 26th for a 15 day cruise to Ft. Lauderdale, and having sailed mostly Vista class ships,

my DW is very concerned about what to expect. We have always had

very nice cruises on our previous four times, (except the one trip that

we had an outbreak of the NuroVirus on board), so I told my DW to take

these postings on various web sites with a grain of salt, (or more), as no one can please all of the people all of the time. Should she be conecrned?

Infrequentcruisers

I don't know what reviews you're referring to, or what was said in them that you find upsetting. I don't recall seeing anything upsetting on this board.

I sailed the Ryndam for two weeks last May (possibly not recently enough for you?) and had a marvelous time. Service was fine; food was good. My cabin was eminently comfortable. The ship was clean. I was treated well by all the staff.

Muster drill was taken very seriously. The first week we waited about a half hour while everyone who was supposed to be there was rounded up and directed to where they should be.

Is there something in particular you want to ask about?

In all fairness, I've just read some of the reviews on the main CC page. Some were good, but a few complained of water leaking on to the Lido restaurant area from the floor above. Some elevators malfunctioned, there was mention of an air conditioning issue that was fixed.Elevators malfunction all over and it was only one. I pretty much know what to expect as far as food and entertainment go so that doesn't bother me. What bothered me most was the latest review with a description of dirty bed linens. What exactly do they do during dry dock?

We are just off the Ryndam and had no complaints. The food was good and the ship seemed clean. I do not think I have been on a cruise ship that elevators DID NOT act up at times. There seemed to be no particular problems except once when one refused to move. It was fine the next morning. I heard no complaints from fellow passengers.

We recently completed 18 days on the Ryndam and had a wonderful time. There was some ongoing fixing/maintenance, but nothing that detracted from our cruise. We found our cabin and ship overall to be very clean and in excellent shape. No complaints about the food and the service was excellent. No general illness on board. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Certainly dirty bed linens have nothing to do with dry dock. You know I read most all of the post on the Holland Boards and I have never read anything about dirty bed linens on the Ryndam. That is not to say it can't happen but all you have to do if you find that problem is let your room stewards know and they will change your linens. I think most room stewards do take pride in their cabins.

I was looking on the main review part of this website and the popular uk cruising site has some harsh ones on aswell. Food is the main thing I'm looking at in the reviews. Times are tough now, one holiday per year and now all inclusive resorts are cheaper but I have never really wanted to stop cruising.

For comparison I rate Princess and Celebrity food highly about equal, P&O Ventura was Ok and Grandeur of the seas was very average to me.

I'm hoping when the ship returns to Tampa after its spruce up, good reviews start rolling in. The itinerary is fabulous so we will have a great time no matter what.

Thanks to all who have posted their favourable responses it is very appreciated. :)

Thanks for everyones input about conditions on the Ryndam. Like I said in

my post, my DW was worried but like I told her, before every one of our

previous curises we would read about all of the "horror" stories on the ships we were going to sail on, but we had wonderful cruiises and didn't

encounter any of these so called "problems". I think some people just like

to compalin, no matter what and like anything in life, it is what you make of it. Thanks again everyone.

By the way, the mini upgrade fairy paid us a visit. We booked a "H" cat

guarentee and were assigned a "E" cat cabin.:)

Infrequentcruisers

Archived