Oasis - dining suggestions...

kathyemma

We will be sailing on Oasis for Thanksgiving. My mother will be coming with us. She has been on numerous cruises on numerous lines. For the past 10 years or so she keeps saying how the quality of the food keeps going down. Last year I took her to Chops and she enjoyed it very much - she said it was the best meal she had all week. I have been reading on line about the Central Park Dining Package, at $65 per guest, includes Giovanni's Table Italian Trattoria, 150 Central Park fine-dining restaurant and Chops Grille steakhouse. I was thinking of getting this option for our group (there are 4 of us).

Can we buy this dining package once on board or do we have to buy before sailing? If we buy before sailing and then decide not to go - can we cancel? If Royal still had the old menus we would book the deal in a heartbeat - but we kind of want to try the new menus. I am torn.

Normally we go to Chops the first night and use the BOGO coupon. My original thoughts were to hit chops the first night, then the dining room the second night and depending on how that meal was book the dining package or stay with the main dining room. However, I thought I read somewhere that you had to book the package before sailing.

For those who have tried the new menus and the dining package - which was better?

TIA

Kathy

We will be sailing on Oasis for Thanksgiving. My mother will be coming with us. She has been on numerous cruises on numerous lines. For the past 10 years or so she keeps saying how the quality of the food keeps going down. Last year I took her to Chops and she enjoyed it very much - she said it was the best meal she had all week. I have been reading on line about the Central Park Dining Package, at $65 per guest, includes Giovanni's Table Italian Trattoria, 150 Central Park fine-dining restaurant and Chops Grille steakhouse. I was thinking of getting this option for our group (there are 4 of us).

Can we buy this dining package once on board or do we have to buy before sailing? If we buy before sailing and then decide not to go - can we cancel? If Royal still had the old menus we would book the deal in a heartbeat - but we kind of want to try the new menus. I am torn.

Normally we go to Chops the first night and use the BOGO coupon. My original thoughts were to hit chops the first night, then the dining room the second night and depending on how that meal was book the dining package or stay with the main dining room. However, I thought I read somewhere that you had to book the package before sailing.

For those who have tried the new menus and the dining package - which was better?

TIA

Kathy

I haven't computed it out mathematically, but I think that using the BOGO at 150 CP the first night and then just booking the two others when you want is the best choice for YOU - particularly since you may decide that you are enjoying the MDR so much that you end up eating there the rest of your dinners.

I haven't computed it out mathematically, but I think that using the BOGO at 150 CP the first night and then just booking the two others when you want is the best choice for YOU - particularly since you may decide that you are enjoying the MDR so much that you end up eating there the rest of your dinners.

I haven't done the math yet - guess I should! I have only used the BOGO coupon at Chops - actually thought that was the only place I could use it. Hum....pulling up website to check prices. If it comes out to the same price - they I will do as you suggest!

Kathy

Archived