2013 List: Out of Service, Charters and Groups

trvlcrzy

Does anyone want to take a stab at desciptions for some of the less obvious groups/charters?

Example: Delbert, ECP, Olivia etc...

ECP is Entertainment Cruise Productions, which produces (and is the charterer for) a number of theme cruises on full ship charters including (for Holland America purposes) The Jazz Cruise, The Smooth Jazz Cruise, the Malt Shop Memories Cruise and the Soul Train Cruise.

The possible further ECP charters I've flagged for next year (2014) were an extrapolation from the pattern of what they have done in previous years, but there's no confirmation as yet whether the pattern will be repeated in 2014.

The confirmed ECP cruises have been listed under their own names.

And apologies to the moderators if the explanation of ECP offends against CC guidelines!

Does anyone want to take a stab at desciptions for some of the less obvious groups/charters?

Example: Delbert, ECP, Olivia etc...

Atlantis, Olivia and RSVP are big and well-established organisers of gay and lesbian travel, including cruises.

A bit of detective work is needed :D

Can anyone throw any light on the following cruises?

These ships/dates do not appear on HAL’s webpage (although other cruises for the ship are listed around that time). They don’t seem to be on the webpages of the usual charter companies. Does anyone have any information?

Amsterdam 12-19 July 2013

Any information welcome so that I can update the 'out of service' list

hi,

I suspect that one is the yearly Alaska season Olivia charter sailing, which fits previous years pattern ( ~~ mid-summer, 7 days R.T. YVR-YVR ).

My opinion only.

Cheers

hi,

I suspect that one is the yearly Alaska season Olivia charter sailing, which fits previous years pattern ( ~~ mid-summer, 7 days R.T. YVR-YVR ).

My opinion only.

Cheers

I have now discovered the charter for Amsterdam 12-19 July 2013.

It is Templeton Tours for "In Touch Ministries" charter.

details here

Thanks, Carol, for keeping this list up to date. This requires a lot of research time to find all of the groups, and my job's responsbilities no longer allow that much free time. ...and yes, I do mean when I am at home on my time.

I truly appreciate the work involved, and I appreciate the many people who have contributed from their own knowledge and/or research.

Ditto! My sincere thanks to all for this valuable information!:D

Our pcc tried to book us mdr for 2nd week of b2b. It was unavailable and she wouldn't tell us what group. Too many people taking up 1/2 the ship so we changed our dates.

Thanks.

I will add it to the list and just call it 'unknown group'. I will keep an eye open to see if I can get more information

Group on Nieuw Amsterdam Feb. 10-17, 2013.

Quilters Group

http://www.quiltcruises.com/WestCar13/

Thank you for that information.

Also, from that website I picked up 3 further groups on Westerdam, Noordam and Volendam.

I will add them all to the revised list which I will post shortly - probably in a new thread.

Archived