Christopher or Bodden Tours

Travelw

Going to Roatan in February, I have narrowed our choice to one of these companies. This is our first time to Roatan. We are looking for an Island tour and are not interested in the Monkey farm or things like that. Any suggestions as to which company might be better?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Going to Roatan in February, I have narrowed our choice to one of these companies. This is our first time to Roatan. We are looking for an Island tour and are not interested in the Monkey farm or things like that. Any suggestions as to which company might be better?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

We weren't interest in Monkey farm or those types of things either. We toured with Victor Bodden. Amazing is all I can say. One of my best port days ever. VB's tours are completely private and you can do whatever you want to do or ask for suggestions as you go.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been to roaton twice, the first time my wife and I took a private tour of the island using Victor Bodden and the second time we rented a car.

Let me first say that Roatan is AMAZING. We were not crazy about Victor's personal tour. It seems that your tour guide takes you to their merchants (you know he is getting a kick back). When we did a tour by ourselves we were able to see "SO MUCH MORE" of the island and it was cheaper.

When you first get your car you should head EAST.... and then you pas a large strip mall... one of the stores is a mega groccery store, I suggest you buy ALOT of coffee (I purchased 21 bags of coffee).

Continue East and I highly recommend that you drive to jones town (actually it is the suburb after Jones Town) and take a water taxi through the Mangrove.

Then head west... go ALL the way to the west end beach, there you can find a guide to take you snorkeling for an hour.

Lastly if you have time you can head down to there main city and look around.

I have been to roaton twice, the first time my wife and I took a private tour of the island using Victor Bodden and the second time we rented a car.

Let me first say that Roatan is AMAZING. We were not crazy about Victor's personal tour. It seems that your tour guide takes you to their merchants (you know he is getting a kick back). When we did a tour by ourselves we were able to see "SO MUCH MORE" of the island and it was cheaper.

When you first get your car you should head EAST.... and then you pas a large strip mall... one of the stores is a mega groccery store, I suggest you buy ALOT of coffee (I purchased 21 bags of coffee).

Continue East and I highly recommend that you drive to jones town (actually it is the suburb after Jones Town) and take a water taxi through the Mangrove.

Then head west... go ALL the way to the west end beach, there you can find a guide to take you snorkeling for an hour.

Lastly if you have time you can head down to there main city and look around.

So sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience with VB tours. Our experience was so different. We didn't get taken to any merchants except a small flea market on a hill overlooking the ocean. We were only there for about 20 minutes as we bought a couple of things. VB's tour was by far my favorite tour I have done in the Caribbean or Mexico. I guess it really does depend on who one gets for a tour guide.

So sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience with VB tours. Our experience was so different. We didn't get taken to any merchants except a small flea market on a hill overlooking the ocean. We were only there for about 20 minutes as we bought a couple of things. VB's tour was by far my favorite tour I have done in the Caribbean or Mexico. I guess it really does depend on who one gets for a tour guide.

We were taken to the same hill. We were also taken to wood carver. My point is... were you taken to the mangrove? I think you would say no. And my next point is, in this island, it is very easy to drive a car and you will se so much more if you do it yourself. VB was OK (I did this myself) but renting a car is much better.

Another thing about VB tours... so i had a private driver and we paid $90.00. THe second time, I rented a car but I hung out where VB tours are until my car rental showed up... there were a family talking to VB personelle and they were offered a private tour for $50.00, I was a little supprised about that. Renting a car was $45.00 cash plus $13.00 in gas. The mangrove was $30.00 (water taxi... WORTH IT!!!!) and getting a kid to take you snorkeling at the west bay beach is$20.00.

You can do ALL of Roatan in on day but you need to start once the boat docks.

Our first time we used Victor, and it was great. We did what we wanted , no monkey farm , etc. Second time used Christopher. Driver was nice enough, but the car doors had broken handles on the pass side, and the driver asked to borrow $10 from me for a wiper blade, as it was raining at first. Then , at lunch , he sat down right at our table, so what could I do but buy his $18 lunch. We did a mangrove tour which was fun , but never again Christopher, although I have heard good about him. This April , we are just getting a cab and going to a beach on our own.

• 1 month later...

Archived