Your Time Dining and Tips

KStradt

If we have Your Time Dining and choose not to eat in the dining room but don't remove tips who gets them? Is there a pool it goes into?

I usually don't remove tips because I don't think the servers should lose money because we don't eat in the dining room. But then I know who's getting the tip. Not sure with Your Time Dining.

Even though we do Any Time Dining, we ask for the same wait staff if we were happy with them and we give them an additional tip at the end of the cruise, just like the room steward. The automatic tips go for many others, not just dining staff, so we gladly pay those also.

Our head waiter on this cruise told us that their ONLY pay comes from gratuities, the automatic ones which are divided among many, and any additional ones given. He said they are extremely grateful for those gratuities. We gave all the wait staff extra on the last night (and we had requested the same ones each night so it made it easy to know who to tip extra)

Archived