New Orleans Royal Caribbean Nov 24

1Annmarie

We'll be in New Orleans a few days before we sail, wondering what would be a must see. Our first cruise too, any info would be appreciated :)

New Orleans to me is not about the "must see" it is about the "must eat" Lol! Of course there is Jacksons Square, Bourbon Street, French Quarter and the St. Charles Streetcar. But, there are some amazing restaurants in the Big Easy! Commander's Palace, Cafe Du Monde, Emeril's, Brennan's, Brigtsen's, Pat O'Brien's and for a casual sandwich by the water Central Grocery Company (they make a to die for muffuletta) :D

Well I hope I have given you some help! Have a great trip!

Go to Preservation Hall. Bring a drink with you, because they don't sell any inside. They'll let you out at intermission to get another. :)

Try a hurricane.

Go to Cafe du Monde for beignets and cafe au lait.

Take a carriage ride through the French Quarter.

Do a ghost tour.

Be on deck whilst going up and down the Mississippi. I don't think there's another cruising experience like it.

New Orleans to me is not about the "must see" it is about the "must eat" Lol! Of course there is Jacksons Square, Bourbon Street, French Quarter and the St. Charles Streetcar. But, there are some amazing restaurants in the Big Easy! Commander's Palace, Cafe Du Monde, Emeril's, Brennan's, Brigtsen's, Pat O'Brien's and for a casual sandwich by the water Central Grocery Company (they make a to die for muffuletta) :D

Well I hope I have given you some help! Have a great trip!

Agree!! Don't leave without having a muffaletta at Central Grocery on Decatur St!! And beignets at Cafe du Monde (yummy powdery donut like delicacies). You can spend a a whole day just wandering around the French Quarter - I assume you're staying at a hotel in the FQ? I suggest the Dauphine Orleans. Great place.

Mardi Gras World is a lot of fun - you see how the floats are made and can walk amoung the floats from prior parades.

There is a new Camellia Grill in the quarter (original is in the Garden district) - great food and a fun place to eat with reasonable prices

Also ride the streetcar along St. Charles - fun to ride roundtrip and see the homres along the route. The Zoo is also in Aubudon park if you enjoy zoos.

the D-Day museum is great if you enjoy history at all.

Thankyou for all the great ideas, now I will have to figure out what to first.:) Anyone going on this cruise on Nov 24 with Royal Caribbean?

To contact other Cruise Critic members sailing with you, please read the Sticky titled What is a ROLL CALL and how do I find mine? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44773. The post will tell you important information and the rules concerning our famous Roll Calls. Your specific Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date is the correct place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before the cruise.

If your RCI cruise is 7 days or longer, don't forget to register for the "Meet & Mingle" Party hosted by RCI during your cruise for you and the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you. After getting to know each other on your specific Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date prior to your cruise, this will be a time and place with refreshments where you will get to meet face-to-face on the ship. Check out the following links for more information and to register:

- Meet & Mingle Info and RCCL Meet & Mingle FAQ

- Register to attend a Meet & Mingle Party

- Confirmed Meet & Mingle Party List

Since you are new to cruising, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97 to research our First Time Cruisers Forum. Also, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114 to research our Ask a Cruise Question Forum for even more information.

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all Cruise Critic message board forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky posts at the top of the various forums for very important information or instructions before you post.

Please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on all Cruise Critic message board forums with your key word or words. It will help narrow down the threads you will want to read during your research. Also, you can see if your inquiry has been asked and answered before. And it probably has... many, many times! 05.gif

Click the Search this Forum feature to open the drop down menu. Type in your key word or words then click the little Go button. I suggest you do not try a search with too many or too common of key words at one time. This will sometime overwhelm the search feature with too many threads to scan and it will time out. From time to time, you may receive an error message that says "Search function is down". PLEASE TRY AGAIN in a few moments. This message will often pop up during the busiest times of the day. Also, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=969846 for the Sticky titled How To Perform More Detailed and Specific Searches on the Boards.

While doing your research on the Cruise Critic boards, be sure you are on the correct forum. After you have browsed/researched for your topic and possibly not found an answer, word your new inquiry title so the other members scrolling through the thread titles will know exactly the information you seek. This will help the members so they can reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, port of call, etc. and on the correct forum. You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship or sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members with their answers to you.

If you wonder what some of the icons/symbols/arrows on Cruise Critic mean, just use your mouse to hover your cursor over the item and most often a tool-tip will appear with the name or action.

In the future, if you ever want to locate your previous posts or find out how to subscribe to threads where you post for instant reply notification, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20645350 for the Sticky titled Need help finding your previous posts?

I sincerely hope all this information will be helpful and glad to have a new member aboard the Cruise Critic message board!

Kat 50.gif

Archived