Seward helicopter & Sled Dog Tours vs. others tours in Juneau

micruiser12

Flying to a glacier and dog sledding on the glacier is something both my husband and I want to do next summer. We know there is one place in Seward that does this and lands on Godwin Glacier. There are several in Juneau that do this. Has anyone done the one in Seward? Heard there might be a better chance of success flying out of Seward to avoid cancellations. If you have done the ones in Juneau, which one is recommended? Prefer to book independent of the cruiseline if better price or experience. Since this is very expensive we want to make the right choice.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Godwin's as well as all the Juneau companies, are all long standing and well established, in business for years. Seward has far fewer cancelations, but there is plenty else to also consider that may also be a priority. But this is an easy add on for several extra days.

I have flown with all these companies, (none on dog sleddings, have been canceled twice) and certainly all would give you an excellent tour. Pick who fits your time best. Two out of Juneau are ship contracted and usually higher in price with less availablity. The other is totally independent.

Budget Queen, are you trying to tell us that there is an Alaskan tour that you have not done yet?!?!?! (The fly to glacier and dogsled?) :eek:

As I said I've been canceled upon twice with a glacier dog sledding. But I trump that big time. I've done several dog sled tours, including an overnight on my winter trips. These required a day of "school" in Fairbanks, which then allowed me to have my own team and drive- which the glacier tours, are just a short ride, no driving.

As I said I've been canceled upon twice with a glacier dog sledding. But I trump that big time. I've done several dog sled tours, including an overnight on my winter trips. These required a day of "school" in Fairbanks, which then allowed me to have my own team and drive- which the glacier tours, are just a short ride, no driving.

What dog sled tour did you do in Fairbanks? We are planning our trip for next July and want to do a dog sled excursion. We did the one out of Skagway ten years ago and want to one again and we would consider Seward. What do you suggest?

MAT

What dog sled tour did you do in Fairbanks? We are planning our trip for next July and want to do a dog sled excursion. We did the one out of Skagway ten years ago and want to one again and we would consider Seward. What do you suggest?

MAT

These were winter trips. There is no snow in July, and it's hot in Fairbanks.

There are several kennels however that are open for guests and cart rides.

Out of Seward, Seaveys is an excellent ground tour. Godwins is a long time helicopter vendor in Seward.

• 5 months later...

If this helps, Pollux Aviation now uses Seward Helicopter. We are interested in doing this in Seward as well, and I have heard that they have fewer weather cancellations than our other option, Skagway. (Already have excursions booked at other ports). Anyone have experience with Pollux Avation or Seward Helicopter?

Archived