All-Inclusive Resorts with Day Passes

jimbug

I've been doing a lot of research lately on the AI resorts that offer day passes to cruise ship guests, so I thought I would share what I've found...while also soliciting opinions or advice from anyone who has been to any of these? I am having such a hard time deciding!

Coconut Beach Club

$45.00 per person

Valid from 10:00am-5:00pm

Includes buffet lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, pool, beach, loungers, nonmotorized water sports, tennis facilities, and taxes/gratuities.

If you want a room for day use, it is an additional $50.00.

No children allowed.

http://www.coconutbeachclub.com

**This would totally be my first choice, if they allowed children! It is relatively close to the cruise ship dock, and is the most affordable!

Sugar Ridge

$95.00 per person, plus 10% service charge and 12.5% tax

Includes two-course lunch, house drinks all day, use of pool facilities and pool towels.

http://www.sugarridgeantigua.com

Coco Bay Resort

$150.00 per person

Valid until 5:00 pm

Includes lunch and all-inclusive bar. (I would assume pool/beach lounger use, but the e-mail from them was not specific.)

http://www.cocobayresort.com

Grand Pineapple Resort

$55.00 per person + 10% tax/gratuity

Valid from 10:30am-5:00pm

Includes lunch, bar, tennis, pool, fitness center, beach loungers, snorkeling equipment.

http://www.grandpineapple.com

Check with Scenic Tours Antigua for their "Pineapple East" tour, which includes a short island tour, transportation to Grand Pineapple, and the all-inclusive day pass. They also have rates for children.

I have left off Jolly Bay and Sandals off of my list, as those have been discussed in-depth elsewhere. They do offer day passes, though, so check other threads or hotel websites if you are interested.

Not offered:

Curtain Bay Resort

Hermitage Bay (offers a $75.00 "lunch pass")

Thanks so much for compiling this information! We were going to just catch a bus to Turner's Beach, but now i'm very tempted to try a day pass at Coconut Beach Club - the price seems very reasonable (and I'll be honest - the no kids thing is a draw for us) ;-)

I have another one to add:

Blue Waters Resort

$65.00 per person for facility access/use (including non-motorized watersports), with a la carte food/beverages

$150.00 per person for the above plus all-inclusive food and beverages

Children are allowed (there may be a cheaper rate?)

Valid from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

http://www.bluewaters.net

Does anyone know how long a ride it is from the pier to the Coconut Beach Club?

I don't know time-wise exactly, though I'm sure you could call or e-mail them and ask. However, if you look on Google Maps, Coconut Beach Club is in the first bay over from St. John's/the cruise pier. It's pretty darn close. Not walkable by any means, but the closest resort outside of the immediate cruise pier area.

• 3 weeks later...
I've been doing a lot of research lately on the AI resorts that offer day passes to cruise ship guests, so I thought I would share what I've found...while also soliciting opinions or advice from anyone who has been to any of these? I am having such a hard time deciding!

Coconut Beach Club

$45.00 per person

Includes buffet lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, pool, beach, loungers, nonmotorized water sports, tennis facilities, and taxes/gratuities.

If you want a room for day use, it is an additional $50.00.

No children allowed.

http://www.coconutbeachclub.com

**This would totally be my first choice, if they allowed children! It is relatively close to the cruise ship dock, and is the most affordable!

Sugar Ridge

$95.00 per person, plus 10% service charge and 12.5% tax

Includes two-course lunch, house drinks all day, use of pool facilities and pool towels.

http://www.sugarridgeantigua.com

Coco Bay Resort

$150.00 per person

Valid until 5:00 pm

Includes lunch and all-inclusive bar. (I would assume pool/beach lounger use, but the e-mail from them was not specific.)

http://www.cocobayresort.com

Grand Pineapple Resort

$55.00 per person + 10% tax/gratuity

Valid from 10:30am-5:00pm

Includes lunch, bar, tennis, pool, fitness center, beach loungers, snorkeling equipment.

http://www.grandpineapple.com

Check with Scenic Tours Antigua for their "Pineapple East" tour, which includes a short island tour, transportation to Grand Pineapple, and the all-inclusive day pass. They also have rates for children.

I have left off Jolly Bay and Sandals off of my list, as those have been discussed in-depth elsewhere. They do offer day passes, though, so check other threads or hotel websites if you are interested.

Not offered:

Curtain Bay Resort

Hermitage Bay (offers a $75.00 "lunch pass")

Thanks so much for providing this list.

I just checked with the Grand Pineapple and they have raised their day pass price to $71.50 per person.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have actually stayed at this Resort 5 times over the last 6 years and I love it. It is Adult Only (Except for Christmas/New Year) and although all the beaches on Antigua are public this one is only accessed via the Hotel so it becomes a private beach in a sense.

The lunch is buffet and usually consists of salad bar, hot cooked items (Curry, Rice and Peas, Stews, Chicken ect) and a couple of deserts. Along with red/white wine, water, beer ect. There is a waitress called Bernadette who has worked there for years and she is wonderful. She will also give you the history of the Island as well if you ask but she is a bit shy at first.

There are also plenty of sun beds and shades and because the vendors have to go through the hotal they are very few and far between so you are not nornally bothered by the.

A good forum to look at and ask questions is Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Group.

Enjoy Chris x

progress.gif

Does anyone know how long a ride it is from the pier to the Coconut Beach Club?

This is the text of an email I got from Coconut Beach in response to questions I had. Hope to see you there.

We provide a day pass at a cost of US$ 50.00 per person beginning at 10:00 am. This price includes Buffet Lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the bar by the glass during the day, use of the pool, beach, beach loungers, tennis facilities, all local taxes and gratuities.

- Taxi cost from the ship pier to the hotel is US$ 15.00 for 1-4 persons sharing and US$ 4.00 per person after 4.

- It would be no problem arranging a return taxi in the afternoon to take you Back to the pier. Once you have decided what time you would like the taxi, advise the receptionist and they will make the arrangements.

- If you do choose Coconut Beach Club to spend your day in Antigua, you should advise us beforehand of your stay date and the final number of persons in your party. Upon arrival at the resort you will just come to the front desk and pay the day pass fee.

e.

OP:

I have also been checking on Coconut Beach and they do allow children 12 and over (or was it over 12)

Anyway I have sent a request to confirm this - my DD will be 13 at time of the cruise - and to see if children are a different price.

I will post the response

Hope this helps

Thanks for all the research - great list!

OP:

I have also been checking on Coconut Beach and they do allow children 12 and over (or was it over 12)

Anyway I have sent a request to confirm this - my DD will be 13 at time of the cruise - and to see if children are a different price.

I will post the response

Hope this helps

Thanks for all the research - great list!

Have you heard anything?? My son is 15. We have snorkel equipment---is this a place to snorkel....anyone know?? I may have missed that?? I dont want to just sit all day...lol

Have you heard anything?? My son is 15. We have snorkel equipment---is this a place to snorkel....anyone know?? I may have missed that?? I dont want to just sit all day...lol

Haven't heard anything yet - which is disapointing. I'll try them back again

• 1 month later...

Archived