Tucan Sailing Adventure with Cozumel Sailing

bender031177

Who has taken this private excursion and can give me some feedback? It sounds good - $90 for sailing on a trimaran for 6 hours includes lunch, drinks, sailing, snorkelling, spinnaker rides, deep sea fishing, stop at a secluded beach...

Thanks

It was the best excursion we have ever been on! It exceeded all of our expectations by quite a bit! We would have never discovered it if someone on our Roll Call hadn't mentioned it.

Unfortunately our last and next cruise don't arrive in time to do this again, but I am looking forward to when we can; it was a great experience!

It was the best excursion we have ever been on! It exceeded all of our expectations by quite a bit! We would have never discovered it if someone on our Roll Call hadn't mentioned it.

Unfortunately our last and next cruise don't arrive in time to do this again, but I am looking forward to when we can; it was a great experience!

That's a pretty good recommendation - anyone else?

You don't see a lot of reviews on CC because they take a pretty small group and it is a long excursion. While they do take cruise passengers and try to accommodate the trip to their time in port, I think they cater more to people on land based vacations. If there are enough people signed up (I think 6 or 8 is the minimum) and your ship time permits this excursion you are in for a real treat.

There was an older review that had a lot of pictures, but I can't find it now and I'm terrible about not taking pictures, so all I can offer is one with one of us in the spinnaker:

JohnSpinnaker.jpg

Also, here are some older posts about this excursion you might find helpful in planning:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1373616

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6065538

Happy Sailing!

John

• 1 month later...

We did this excursion on our Conquest cruise the end of November. We started out with 6 of us from the ship and another 6 joined us who were staying on the island. Dan said that he needed at least 6 and wouldn't take any more than 16- boat can easily handle more. We were firm that we needed to be back by 4 (in port from 9-5). The others were waiting for us (about a 10 minute ride from the pier). It was a fantastic day. Got off around 9:45, takes around 1.5 hours to get to the first snorkeling spot. The crew trolled while we sailed up the coast- hooked something and gave the rod to one of the passengers- she lost it about 20 ft from the boat. The bar was 'open' all day- beer, water, soda, mixed drinks (no wine). They played classic rock (XM?) but would have hooked up an mp3 player or changed the station if asked. Also while cruising they prepared lunch- amazing guacamole, a great pasta salad, a green salad, beef and rice for tacos and chicken wings.

Snorkeling was good- not the best, but still good. After about an hour snorkeling we had lunch, then they took those who wanted to go, over to a beach. We decided to stay on board and relax. After about another 45 minutes and with everyone back on board, the captain said that there wasn't enough wind for the spinnaker, so we could hang out where we were or go to another snorkeling spot- we decided on the latter. Snorkeling here was a bit better. After another 45 minutes or so, we headed back to port. We got back around 3:30 and they had a cab waiting for us- we were back at the pier before 4pm. If your ship is in port long enough, this excursion is an absolute must do. Before, after booking Karen (dan's wife) answered all inquiries and was concerned about our safety during and after Sandy hit our state.

I think those who were staying on the island were a little upset that they had to wait for us and maybe that we were cutting the day short. 6 hours is plenty of time out on the water. They all seemed quite pleased at the end of th day

• 2 months later...

Our family did this excursion in 2010. (6 of us) There were 3 other couples. It was the best shore excursion we have ever been on.... the Spinnaker was awesome, food was great, frozen drinks all day long.

We are on another cruise to Cozumel next year. The family is debating doing this trip again or dolphin swim.. So for Tucan is winning.

Archived