Carnival Valor 10-13-2012 Review (with pictures)

valancy1

Enjoyed your review. We did this cruise on the Freedom in May and really enjoyed. We thought that the Seavis tour was one of the best we had ever been on. I'm sorry to say that we didn't have a good experience with our golf cart from Nathan. It broke down and there wasn't one to replace it so we ended up stay at Margaritaville. We are heading out on the Valor in March from Puerto Rico and look forward to a new batch of islands.

Thanks again. Janice

• 4 weeks later...
Now that I finally got logged in (thanks, hon!) I can respond to your question. First, yes I am 6' 10", and sometmes can find that a challenge. On the ship, however, the only place I ever feel a bit uncomfortable is in the hallways near the cabins. With signs, sprinklers, etc. hanging from the ceiling, and the need to get as many floors in as possible I understand this "tightness". The showers for the most part are good for "normal" sized people, but I find enough room for me as long as I don't expect too much elbow room (and I don't). The cabins, main areas, and all other areas have more than enough head room for me.

The tables in the dining room, if you are used to large or high tables, aren't the most spacious, but I always feel they have plenty of room. We've been spoiled most of the time to have small booths, which I really like. I haven't had much problem with the larger tables being too short or small either, so that is a blessing.

The only other suggestion I may have is with the beds. We have a California King at home, and while these beds are a bit shorter I have never had a problem sleeping EXTREMELY WELL on them. Expect to fill the entire bed or more, so make sure to have some "foot room" at the end unless you like to curl up all the time.

If there are any more specifics I can share with you let me know! :)

Thank you soo much for you response. Sorry it has taken me so long to answer, but we lost power for over a week due to Hurricane Sandy, then my computer hard drive crashed, so I had to get a new laptop. My son has very long legs. Dining room/restaurant tables usually are uncomfortable for him. Sleeping should not be a problem for him since he does curl up all the time. I had him read what you wrote about the hallways, exit signs, sprinkles. Hopefully he will remember everything. He is use to ducking his head whenever he enters or leaves a room. I also told him that if he feels the shower is too uncomfortable, or too small, he can go to the gym/spa and shower there. But we will see how that goes. I noticed that you were just recently on the Breeze. We are booked on her for November 2013, and my son will be joining us too. Did you find the Breeze more accommodating than the Valor since she is a newer ship?? Again, thank you so much for your help.

Jan

I noticed that you were just recently on the Breeze. We are booked on her for November 2013, and my son will be joining us too. Did you find the Breeze more accommodating than the Valor since she is a newer ship?? Again, thank you so much for your help.

Jan

Jan, the Breeze was really beautiful, and we enjoyed it immensely. The ship is much the same in terms of sizes as the Valor, so there should not be any additional problems there. I really can't say any areas were better or worse in terms of size, just more of the same. I am used to being accomodating, but it worked well for me!

• 2 months later...

Archived