Allure of the Seas-Sept. 30, 2012 My Experience

Eng23

Hi folks!!!! It has been a while since I checked in on my review. I know we are now into 2014 and I hope everyone is doing fine and continuing to cruise....:)

Happy New Year Harold! We are headed out on the Equinox on Friday. No upgrade this time. Not sure how we'll suffer thru a regular balcony after the crown loft lol!

Happy New Year Harold! We are headed out on the Equinox on Friday. No upgrade this time. Not sure how we'll suffer thru a regular balcony after the crown loft lol!

Hey there!!! Nice to hear from you! I think you will survive somehow on that old regular balcony!!! :D

I hope you had a great New Year's and holiday season in general. Lucky that you get to go on a cruise sooner than I do. I'm counting the days down again for my 3rd trip on the Allure. This time I'm in a Boardwalk Balcony and I'm sticking to it!! Unless of course I am offered an upgrade to a Sky or Crown Loft Suite for free :rolleyes:! Enjoy the Equinox, the Solstice Class ships look really nice.

Hey there!!! Nice to hear from you! I think you will survive somehow on that old regular balcony!!! :D

I hope you had a great New Year's and holiday season in general. Lucky that you get to go on a cruise sooner than I do. I'm counting the days down again for my 3rd trip on the Allure. This time I'm in a Boardwalk Balcony and I'm sticking to it!! Unless of course I am offered an upgrade to a Sky or Crown Loft Suite for free :rolleyes:! Enjoy the Equinox, the Solstice Class ships look really nice.

We thought about Allure again because it was so much fun last time. This cruise was too good to pass up, 10 days, included tips and beverage pkg for less than Allure!! Hey, if you're offered the upgrade, you know you are taking it LOL!! When we got it, I figured once in a lifetime chance for that CL!

We thought about Allure again because it was so much fun last time. This cruise was too good to pass up, 10 days, included tips and beverage pkg for less than Allure!! Hey, if you're offered the upgrade, you know you are taking it LOL!! When we got it, I figured once in a lifetime chance for that CL!

Well, you could always do the Allure again Sept. 14th with me. You would have at least until July to get it paid for! ;)

Well, you could always do the Allure again Sept. 14th with me. You would have at least until July to get it paid for! ;)

Ahhh, I wish!! We were supposed to do west coast on Celebrity in September. There is a HUGE update at work October 1st, so all hands on deck before it starts for testing :eek:

Ahhh, I wish!! We were supposed to do west coast on Celebrity in September. There is a HUGE update at work October 1st, so all hands on deck before it starts for testing :eek:

It figures! Work always getting in the way of our cruising habit! :D

I am so glad you posted on your review so I could read it. We were down to -19 degrees here and CPS schools have been shut down so I turned to CC to keep me warm. Fantastic review and pics. I cant wait until November to do this same cruise.

Happy cruising to you!

I attended Old Dominion for a year a long time ago and met some wonderful people from Virginia Beach and Norfolk. Miss those fun days!

Barb

As sailaway was approaching the last thing to do was the muster drill. As this was my first time on this class of ship I knew the drill would be different from my previous cruises. I already knew life jackets were not required. As usual you report to the muster station indicated on your Seapass card. Most of the muster stations on the Allure are indoors with the exception of the Aqua Theater. My muster station was the Champagne Bar on the Promenade Deck 5. For those who are used to reporting to a lifeboat station and looking for the numbered sign overhead be prepared for something different here. On the Promenade there are crew members wearing vests and holding lettered/numbered signs. These signs indicate the location of your station on your Seapass. There are different locations throughout the Promenade designated as muster stations. Thanks to a competitor of Royal Caribbean the drills are a bit different. I noticed that there was no life vest in my cabin and I was told there are none in any cabin. All life jackets are now located at the muster stations. Part of the outcome of the Concordia disaster is that many people tried to go to their cabins to get life vests instead of going to their muster station, this caused some people to get trapped or lost/cutoff by the rising water in the ship. The cruiselines now want people to go directly to their stations and life vests are issued there and there are enough for everyone.

So, once the drill starts you report to your station where your Seapass card is scanned. Once everyone is accounted for you will watch a video and receive instructions on the process if the lifeboats need to be used as well as how to wear your life vest. The captain will speak briefly and then you are done.

Up next is the sailaway. :)

It is too cold around here today (School was cancelled due to cold; I think we set a weather temp. record too!:eek:) so....I am day dreaming! Did you feel like there was enough information given, that in an emergency things would go as planned. I am ready to try the BIG ships but the "what if" sanarios scare me. :(

I am so glad you posted on your review so I could read it. We were down to -19 degrees here and CPS schools have been shut down so I turned to CC to keep me warm. Fantastic review and pics. I cant wait until November to do this same cruise.

Happy cruising to you!

I attended Old Dominion for a year a long time ago and met some wonderful people from Virginia Beach and Norfolk. Miss those fun days!

Barb

Hello Barb. I hope you can gain some useful info from the review. It's been pretty cold here today too, morning temperatures were in the low teens. It seems the best way to stay warm right now is to sit in the warm house read reviews on CC. :)

It is too cold around here today (School was cancelled due to cold; I think we set a weather temp. record too!:eek:) so....I am day dreaming! Did you feel like there was enough information given, that in an emergency things would go as planned. I am ready to try the BIG ships but the "what if" sanarios scare me. :(

Hi Britney!!! It's cold here in Virgina today too. Have no fear about the muster drill on the Allure. The video you watch has all the info you need, the crew members demonstrate the life vest, they show you the path to the lifeboats (many of the muster stations are inside on the Promenade). I felt completely confident if one of those "what if" scenarios happened it would be handled smoothly.

I hope you and your family had a great holiday season and I hope you are looking forward to some cruises this year. I'll be back on the Allure Sept. 14th this year, if that fits your's and Clarke's schedule come on along! :)

• 1 month later...
great review! thank you for sharing

We will be on Allure in June.... So excited!

Oh we miss Allure so much. My goal is an Oasis Class B2B. We can't do it this year due to other obligations, but maybe 2015. Y'all enjoy your trip, and let me know if you have any questions!

Try the Flowrider!

• 2 weeks later...
great review! thank you for sharing

We will be on Allure in June.... So excited!

Thanks!! Hope you have a great time. I'll be back on the Allure this September for round three!! :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
really enjoyed the review, very helpful info and the pics were such a bonus! thank you from Virginia Beach, sailing on the Allure Sept 14, can't wait!:D

Hello there! It's been quite awhile since I have looked in on my review. I'm glad you enjoyed the review! :)

Is it a coincidence that you are sailing the Allure Sept. 14th as I am too?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hi Britney! Glad to see you reading my review. Unfortunately I stayed busy doing other activities and did not do the Flowrider this time. My new friends Susan and Chris practically lived there and have told me if we cruise together again they will get me on there. :)

Long time since I posted on my review but I figured why not. Reading the last sentence here I can confirm that Susan, Chris and myself will be cruising together again on the Allure this year! The Flowrider won't have a chance this year!!!! :D

Long time since I posted on my review but I figured why not. Reading the last sentence here I can confirm that Susan, Chris and myself will be cruising together again on the Allure this year! The Flowrider won't have a chance this year!!!! :D
Yes! We are already talking about a 1-hour rental one night of the cruise. So much fun. Can't wait to catch up!