Specialty Dining/Restaurant

ajsdad

Curious, on the allure this summer some of the optional dining for a fee places were open for lunch at a reduced price. Lunch was 15 bucks instead of 25 for dinner. We booked on the Reflection a year from now, (but already excited) are the optional restaurants open for lunch? Are they cheaper for lunch if they are?

Curious, on the allure this summer some of the optional dining for a fee places were open for lunch at a reduced price. Lunch was 15 bucks instead of 25 for dinner. We booked on the Reflection a year from now, (but already excited) are the optional restaurants open for lunch? Are they cheaper for lunch if they are?

They may do a special lunch for a fee in Tuscan Grille, Murano or both, but only once per cruise. The Bistro on 5 is open all day and has a $5 charge. Great value. I'll be on SIL in three weeks and will check out the Porch. Also a $5 charge. Some good reviews.

I was on Silhouette earlier this month. Three of the specialty restaurants had special lunch offerings - Lawn Club, Tuscan, and Murano. The lunches were less than dinners but were also a reduced menu. Lawn Club for lunch was $25 pp vs. $40 for dinner. Tuscan was $20 pp for lunch vs. $30 for dinner. Murano was $25 pp for lunch vs. $40 pp for dinner.

I didn't see any way to make reservations for the lunches in advance. We didn't know what days the restaurants were open for lunch until we saw it in the daily planner. The smart casual dress code applies for lunch time - no shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, bathing suits, etc.

We ate at both Tuscan and Murano for lunch. We didn't try Lawn Club because we had eaten there the previous evening.

I didn't see any way to make reservations for the lunches in advance. We didn't know what days the restaurants were open for lunch until we saw it in the daily planner. The smart casual dress code applies for lunch time - no shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, bathing suits, etc.

We ate at both Tuscan and Murano for lunch. We didn't try Lawn Club because we had eaten there the previous evening.

Was it worth it???? I think I would enjoy it for lunch. A nice afternoon nap and a lite snack for dinner!

You could always ask each Maitre 'd if there would be a special lunch in their restaurant. They usually have a lunch menu for you to review and if you like it you could request a reservation. They will be more than happy to make one for you.

I thought it was worth it. They were only serving lunch from noon - 1:30 on Silhouette. Each restaurant was only open once for lunch and it was on a sea day. The daily planner said reservations recommended, but we were able to walk up and be seated. I'm not sure if that is always the case.

The lunches are 3-courses with an appetizer, entree, and dessert so they are a heavy meal. They didn't offer the full dinner menu during lunch. I think we had 4 appetizers, 5 entrees, and 3 desserts to choose from at each restaurant. A couple at a table next to us each ordered two appetizers and two entrees at Murano. I don't know if they ordered dessert - we finished while they were eating their second entrees. I also don't know if they each paid double for ordering two meals or if you can get more than one item for lunch. One appetizer, one entree, and dessert were plenty of food for me.

We enjoyed Murano so much for lunch that we went back another night for dinner. Dinner was even better. We had eaten dinner at Tuscan before trying the lunch there. Both meals were good.

Archived