Nassau - Bahamas (1st timer from cruise)

AmazingTrans

Heya everybodyy!!!

This will be my wife and my first time going to Nassau from Carnival. We are around 25 years old. So we like to do fun things and something memorable that will give us a chance to go back to bahamas again.

I will only have 7 hours in Nassau from 7am to 2pm. Maybe not even 7 straight hours, 5.5 hours. I will be there on 22nd December.

What places should anybody recommend us to go and do? Or what excursion that is a must do?:)

We are 25ish too, so we have also been looking for something "exciting!" for our November 3rd cruise. We are snorkeling in Freeport, so we have decided not to spend much time doing the beach thing in Nassau. As of right now, the only thing we have really found to do is the Frommer's walking tour (google it) and just kind of spending time where we want. Junkanoo beach seems like a decent, free place to stop for a little while if we feel the need to go to the beach.

The wife and I went sans the kid for our anniversary in April and we did the Nassau Segway tour. We did the one that runs down Junkanoo beach to the fish fry and back. It was by far my favorite excursion we've ever done.

There is another segway tour that takes you out of town to ride them, but we choose this one so we could see some of Nassau we probably wouldn't see otherwise.

I second the vote for a Segway tour. We did the Segway and Beach tour and it was one of my favorite excursions ever. It is a little longer than the town tour because the ride out to the site is about half an hour each way. But we enjoyed getting to see more of the island.

The dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon is great too.

Archived