taking the kids

redd

I have booked a 7 day western cruise May 2006 on the CP. At first I hadn't plan on taking the kids but he say the cruise is to long to leave the baby, she will be 20 monthe old by then our liitle boy is 9. So I booked the kids and now he is still complaining cause he say were paying to much for the baby and she can't even go to the programs they have unless we take her. What can I do to convince him that we will still have a great time anyway and that she is going to enjoy the atmosphere.

Maybe consider taking a cruiseline that doesnt charge the full 3rd passenger rate for your toddler. Norweign charges port and taxes as does disney but for Disney you will be paying a lot more for your 1st two passengers.

also note that your toddler will not be able to use the pools unless he/she was potty trained.

Maybe he is not thinking its will be fun for your toddler..but thinking of you too. Not much you could do without your child as they will be with you 24 hours a day.

Even though the 20 month old is little, she will probably eat enough to offset what you are paying for her. The food is unlimited and delicious. At breakfast, grab a few of the mini boxes of cereal for snacks. My little ones loved the Fruitloops and Cheerios the best. At lunch time take a few cookies and some fruit from the buffet along with you to your room for the little one to munch on. At bedtime, order milk and cookies from room service (it's free) as a bedtime snack for the little ones. Just don't forget to tip the guy that brings it, he works hard and gets paid little.;)

I look at it this way, if you go on a land based vacation, you will be dealing with a fussy child stuck in a car seat for long periods of time. On a cruise, you don't have to deal with that. You can take her shopping (on the ship) and buy her a little toy to play with, or you can lay out on the deck in a lounge chair watching her play with her favorite play things. Just walking around sightseeing is fun for a child. And at this age, they still sleep quite a bit, so you will probably have some quiet time too.:)

Archived