?? Guitar Rental on Epic ??

logan25

I'm asking because I don't know if this service is available, maybe still, maybe ever.

Hubby believes he saw this somewhere, and I don't want him to be disappointed when we get to the cruise next year.

Yes, it is the Gibson electric guitar rental. Cost is $15. There are specific times when you can check one out.

Where would one play??? Never heard of this before!:eek:

You can take it back to your cabin, balcony, wherever. It has an amp that you plug headphones into so no music is actually heard to anyone else. The release below says $10 but I am pretty sure it was $15 when we were on the Epic.

In addition to offering guests world-class entertainment options on board Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Cruise Line has announced a partnership with Gibson Guitar to let guests discover and explore their inner rock star ? in the privacy of their stateroom. The "Check-In-Rock-Out" program gives guests the opportunity to borrow a Gibson guitar, companion pod, and a private amplifier with headphones to take to their staterooms and rock out without disturbing other guests.

Guitars, pods and accessories will be available to guests at a cost of $10 per day rental every day except on embarkation/disembarkation. The Check-In-Rock-Out program will be available in Norwegian Epic's Fat Cats Jazz and Blues Club. Each pod includes controls and special effects so that guests can select the type of sound they want to create, from classic rock to heavy metal, blues, classic and country - and then choose their own song to play. The pods are supplied by Line 6 and the headphones and cables are supplied by Monster Cable.

"We are so excited about this program," said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line's chief executive officer. "We've brought world class performers to our guests on Norwegian Epic. Now, we're letting our guests be the superstars and play on world class Gibson guitars. Whether you're an expert guitarist or an air guitar fan like me, the 'Check-In-Rock-Out' program will let you play like a rock star, in the privacy of your stateroom."

"Our partnership with Norwegian Cruise Line will offer fans from around the world the opportunity to experience music like never before on the high seas," said Henry Juszkiewicz, Chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitar. "We are delighted to be part of the global excitement surrounding the launch of Norwegian Epic and share in our mutual goals for world class entertainment."

This is so cool! I had no idea such a program existed.

My husband was flipping out about being away from his guitars for a whole week but doesn't want to carry one on the plane if we fly, and there's no room in the car if we drive.

He's gonna love this.

I am really not trying to be rude but why would someone spend so much money to go on a cruise to do the same exact thing they can do at home for free? I am honestly confused

The same reason people relax and read a book, same reason people drink, play cards, dance at the clubs, sing karaoke. These are all things we can do at home. We all have different things we really enjoy doing and I would never question why people do what they do a cruise. If the OP loves playing a guitar why would that confuse you.

The same reason people relax and read a book, same reason people drink, play cards, dance at the clubs, sing karaoke. These are all things we can do at home. We all have different things we really enjoy doing and I would never question why people do what they do a cruise. If the OP loves playing a guitar why would that confuse you.

Because the first thing that doesn't come to my mind when planing a cruise is wow I am going to play a guitar I been waiting all year for this.

I know some people will think I am wrong but its my opinion.

Because the first thing that doesn't come to my mind when planing a cruise is wow I am going to play a guitar I been waiting all year for this.

I know some people will think I am wrong but its my opinion.

I don't think you're alone. That's the first thing I thought of too. "Why?" It just seems like an odd thing to want to do. Probably because I've never even considered it an option before. I'd be tripping all over the damn thing though, if I was in a cabin smaller than a mini-suite.

But I have to give NCL credit for making the user wear headphones. I was thinking it would be just my luck to get the cabin next to some heavy metal freaker. :)

I wish I could rent a trombone. All I'd need is a trumpet, a banjo, and an upright bass, and we'd have ourselves a nice Dixieland Band. That's how I want to spend my vacation!

Wow, never thought I would see so many complaints about someone wanting to play the guitar on a cruise!

DH always brings his acoustic guitar when we cruise, and he enjoys playing. Nothing rowdy or loud. Don't want to disturb the neighbors!:D

I am really not trying to be rude but why would someone spend so much money to go on a cruise to do the same exact thing they can do at home for free? I am honestly confused

Because if your a serious player, a week without playing can make a bit of a difference, it allows your callouses to lessen a little, and your finger strength to weaken. That, and it's fun to play on the balcony, watching the sea go by under your feet. Heck, I usually spend 1 week a year on vacation where you take your guitar, and meet up with other players and sit around a campfire and play. (not something that you can usually do at home)

My hubby's idea of vacation is spending time at Jorma Kaukonen's Fur Peace Ranch, where all they do is play guitar! I think it's great he has something he enjoys so much, but I sure don't want to go there with him!!! :eek: We all have things we love to do, and we should do them! Life is way too short!

I finally had to look at this, just to see what it was all a about.

Fine with me as long as there is no audible sound except to the player. But for those who bring one from home and play it in their room or on the balcony?:eek:

I assume it is audible to all? Remembering back to our Dawn cruise, inside cabin and we heard the girls next door every night when they came in at 2am.

Giggles and conversation for an hour. Can't imagine if a guitar were next door.

Just wondering though, I read that on the Epic in the jazz club I think, they have late night jam sessions. Wonder if they allow passengers with guitars to join in:)

Archived