How suite it is?

Traveling Bob

We were recently in a suite on the Golden. We had no MDR menus in our cabin nor anything close to the MDR menu on a list that we could order from. Also, nothing mentioned in the suite amenities list, or in the cabin itself about being able to order from the MDR. Back in 2007 when we had a suite on the CB, we did get the menus from the MDR every night and it was mentioned that we could order from there. We knew they had taken away some amenities from the suites and it looked like this was one of them. Also, the closet in our suite was not a roomy walk-in closet. My DH and I are not large people (he's tall) and only one of us could fit in there at a time and barely at that.
We had to remind our steward to bring us menus, but we had dinner in our suite 5-6 times during our two weeks on the Golden last month. They would bring all food except dessert and then bring dessert about 30 minutes later and this was essential with desserts such as ice cream or souffles.

We are on the Caribbean Princess now and just went over this with our steward. he said he just brings the breakfast menu. i don't take my glasses to dinner and I can't read the menu.

Last Christmas, the same thing happened and our steward said he talked to his supervisor and he said NO we would not get them. We talked to the maitre d and he said YES we were suppose to get them. He ended up calling the supervisor - and even stopped at our table at dinner every night to check to see if we received them. Our steward must have gotten yelled at back then - he acted different and wouldn't really do anything for us after that.

Archived